DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The year 2012, what do you think will happen?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

The year 2012, what do you think will happen?

So.. I know everyone has entertained the thought of the End of the World that is dated to take place during the last month of 2012.

This is what I believe is going to happen. I don't see the earth splitting in half, being hit by an asteroid, losing heat due to the core halting to a stop, or being melted away from massive solar flares from the sun... in fact I believe the earth will be in the same shape as it is today, moderately used and abused like we have the luxury of living someplace else and taken for granted. With the health of the planet aside I still believe we will be in utter chaos.

What you should prepare for. I can see that the mass media is spinning these concepts world wide.. and I mean "world wide". Every human-being with eyes and ears, or even just one of the above has knowledge of this "Dooms Day". This is going to cause a few set backs for us...

1. People/families will begin taking what they need to prepare for "whatever" the believe is going to happen.. paying for it..or simply looting it
    2. You standard essentials will become gold, unfortunately everyone will want them and do anything to get them
    3. Markets will no longer be able to stay in buisness from people looting thier inventory, simple buisnesses that supply your survival will be out of food, and supplies
    4. Your homes will be invaded, people will begin looking in alternative places to get food.. you had better have a gun and know how to use it at this point
    5. military personel that have been protecting power grids all around the world will begin to lose moral when they stop recieving food/suplies. This means they will be abondoned, ill maintained and eventually shut down overtime. Hope everyone has genorators, and has them secured
    6. ahh.. that precious gasoilne. If your local fuel stations have not been blown up or taken over by local thug orginizations, no more worries.. by this time they will be empty anyways from lack of being re-suplied.. Hope your genertors are solar powered..
    7. Your town/city will eventually become barren, import/export will not exist, where will you go? Well.. I hope your in good health because your going to be doing a lot of walking, running, hunting to keep you and your families alive everyday.

As you can see, things can begin to get out of hand very quickly and standard survival will be a tall order. Luckily, we have time to prepare for this nasty time period. I recommend every one getting into shape and stocking up on caned food, water and ammo. I can see lots of running and loss of power in 2012 and who knows for how long... and again, this has nothing to do with the world ending, its just a result of world wide panic on a very large scale... you remember Y2K, think of that but a million times worse.

by all means, leave your thoughts. Perhaps we can organize a pre-revolution solution, and maybe someone can dev a solar pack for our droids.. once we lose power we won't be able to charge them! I don't know what I'd do without throttle copter

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    the latest and greatest android powered phone will be release

maybe a mass consciousness shift

im hoping for both

The Germ Series, DroidMod & HelloDroid bootanimations
    kudolabs.net
    or 1NEk7HYFRHK9dUPmkApAkCY6kYE5YNfD8n
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bugless Beast
    I think your fantasies are running wild. Some people will freak out and stock up, but good, they'll boost the economy buying 10,000 packs of ramen and twinkies.

I don't think economies will come to a halt. If they can predict all of these things from so many years ago, it makes you wonder why they couldn't see the collapse of their own civilization? Probably because all of these "predictions" are crap and made up.

Non-believer here, sorry. Proof, or GTFO is my motto
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I believe I will drink a Manhattan on my 47th birthday.

Thats about it.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by REARless View Post
    I believe I will drink a Manhattan on my 47th birthday.
    Thats about it.
    Patron on the Rocks for my 46th
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    The world will "feel" like its coming to an end!!! My contract with the droid will be over then. BUT JUST IN TIME FOR THE DROID 2!!!!!!!!!!!! And that will be the start of the "NEW" beginning
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    My daughter will turn 16 and start driving.....NOW THAT IS SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

These predictions come up all the time, live your life to the fullest each day and enjoy the fact that you are a sentient being in the universe...none of us appreciate that fact as much as we should.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Maybe we'll have flying cars by then??? I've been waiting on flying cars since I was watching the Jetsons as a kid. I mean, I have a phone that is cooler than the "communicator" in Star Trek............WHY DON'T WE HAVE FLYING CARS?!?

I'm being facetious........
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    As a pilot, I'd be afraid of flying cars, 98% of people can't drive well, let alone walk.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Too true............lol
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links