DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Android is losing

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffv2 View Post
    Ill buy the new iphone and ill keep an android device just in case (:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    oh come on.....if you are going to do it....do it all the way....make sure you wave by to flash on your way out
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    That sucks..... personally id wait a little longer before i went to the iphone. I dislike apple for different reasons, #1 being the lack of customization possible on their products. Yes, i know they can be jailbroken but its not the same as with droid where you can change basically the entire OS if you want (saw something about seeing ubuntu on a droid which i thought was pretty amazing).

I personally dont mind itunes other than its sooooooo slow. I have a laptop with 3 gb of ram (win7 ultimate that ive optimized for speed) and its still slow (my mom has 6 gb of ram with win7 home and its slow also). I've never had trouble with it deleting everything on my ipod because i use drag and drop instead of playlists.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    how on earth does an iPhone beat out Android it's 'hack-a-bility'?

There are a lot of things the iPhone does right and takes the cake, but that is certainly not one of them.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I've used Apple's fine products for many years. People who say that the company is "evil".....I can't describe what I want to say. It would be disrespectful.

And when you say things about how evil Apple is, what are you saying about me? Am I a "mindless" Apple Fan boy? No, I'm someone who knows a good product when I see it,

I will say this. I've never seen any group of people treated so disrespectfully then the way Android people treat people who use Apple products. I have a rooted Droid, that doesn't mean I'm smarter then an iPhone person. It's just the phone I choose to use. And if I go go to an iPhone 5 in September I will not say one negative thing about a person who uses Android.

As far as iTunes, there is nothing bad about using iTunes. Blackberry has you use Device Manager. Is that evil too? It's basically the same idea only with iTunes you can do so much more.

It just makes me sad to see threads like this. It's almost like racisim. Its just ugly.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritwater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritwater View Post
    Since when is it "evil" for a company to make a profit?

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk
    Its how they do it thats evil. Forcing people to use iTunes is pretty evil... IMO that is.
    They force them to huh.... they get a gun and say...''use iTUnes or die''

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk
    Yes, they force it on you. You have no other options for putting music or such on. I'd call that force.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    .247 and lovin' it thanks to HOB!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I agree that iTunes is now an epic fail. I purposely bought a non-apple mp3 player simply because iTunes was downright stupid. That being said I've seen some good things from them. I used to work for Geek Squad and I saw more broken iPhones than anything. I personally hate the screen and the fact that iPhones aren't as PC compatible. If you're a Mac junkie though, go for it.

Sent from my ERIS GSBv2.0 using DroidForums App
    Old Phones: HTC Droid Eris, Droid Pro
    Currently using: Droid 4
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyposprayer View Post
    I agree that iTunes is now an epic fail. I purposely bought a non-apple mp3 player simply because iTunes was downright stupid. That being said I've seen some good things from them. I used to work for Geek Squad and I saw more broken iPhones than anything. I personally hate the screen and the fact that iPhones aren't as PC compatible. If you're a Mac junkie though, go for it.

Sent from my ERIS GSBv2.0 using DroidForums App
    How is iTunes a fail? I've been using it for years. I have 10 days worth of music stored on my Mac and iTunes does a great job of managing them. Now I use it to back up and update my iPad.

You just say things like "epiic fail" but you don't give a single reason why. you just hate to hate because that's what all the "cool" android kids do.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    I recommend people go back and read Hook's post on here two or three times. Then go back and read it again. It so completely sums up my feelings on the Apple situation as well and the way the users tend to be treated by Android users. Are there some hyped up iPhone and Apple users? Yup, but I will say that I haven't seen anywhere near the animosity while modding the iPhone and iPad forums towards Android as vice versa.

Just something to think about. And for every one of you that comes back with an "I know an Apple fanboi" I will easily point out three "Android fanbois".
  9. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post

There are a lot of things the iPhone does right and takes the cake, but that is certainly not one of them.
    Well, you can go to to the JailbreakeMe website with your iPhone and it done.

I have an iPod and use iTunes, but sometimes I use the Anapod software. It makes your iPod act like a removable hard drive and bypasses iTunes.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post

Well, you can go to to the JailbreakeMe website with your iPhone and it done.

I have an iPod and use iTunes, but sometimes I use the Anapod software. It makes your iPod act like a removable hard drive and bypasses iTunes.
    that doesn't answer my question, being able to 'one click' install doesn't make it more hackable... you can't come close to customizing an iphone like you can android.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links