DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Android will fail without update reform

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible by HTC
    I smell an iPhone fan in our midst... Steve, is that you? :P

Sent from my ADR6300
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'm not an Android fan or an iphone fan. In all honesty ive never understood how anyone could be a fan of an electronic item. But I get pissed when my phone becomes out of date not for technical reasons but because verizon wants me to buy a new one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    Don't hate the player hate the game. Regardless of what carrier, operating system, manufacturer, smart phone, dumb phone, its always going to be the same.

tappin and a talkin
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    There's still hope the D1 will get GB and most devicess launched after should definately get it. The issue with updates is not with google, they are doing a good job. Heck the iphone get 1 update a year...and not always a major one. The D1 is still relevant. Even though its not on the shelf anymore doesn't mean its not supported. Just because technology moves fast doesn't mean there's a problem. If you have a D1 you will be fine until your NE2 and when you do upgrade you will have a device by and far way superior to what you left. Be happy knowing that.

Sent from somewhere...
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Did you see the rom section of these phones lately. We update for like 2 mins then we all go back to roms. Motorola and google has done a good job supporting their devices. The d1 just got an update a few weeks ago and the dx followed. We know the d2 will be getting one soon. Just chill on out and enjoy your device....besides the droids dont need 100s of updates they just make minor tweaks here an there.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    What phone do you have?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Went from droid to the droid 2.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    I meant kingsway8605

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    He has a droid X. Honestly, if you don't like the speed techonology is advancing then maybe an iphone is for you. And thats not a knock against the iphone, but as stated already, they only update like once a year, and outside of the iphone 4, each year its pretty much the same exact phone. We have options with android. I'm not even sure why you're complaining considering you own a droid X which has gotten a couple of updates already in its short life, and prob still has at least 6 months of updates left in it.

But maybe I'm just spoiled that I still have the badass OG droid and get new roms and updates almost weekly. Although when the dual core phones start coming out I'm going to have to upgrade, but as of now no phone could make me give up the OG droid. Rest assured, the OG droid will have gingerbread, either an official release, or a rom, but we'll absolutely have it.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I certainly don't feel the phones are neglected as far as updates because the proof is in the pudding, we get frequent updates. But I can see his/her point on phones reaching their EOL so fast. You sign up for a 2 year contract to get the best deals and within 6 or 7 months your phone has reached it's EOL. I think something we tend to always fail to see here in the forum is that 99% of smartphone users don't root their phones to take advantage of all that android truly has to offer. So if I can put myself into the mindset of a non-rooted user, I can definitely see where it would be frustrating to have a phone that has "officially" reached it's EOL within months of buying it and now you have to wait another year and a half to upgrade or bite the bullet and pay full retail. Now granted for us rooters a phone never truly reaches it's EOL thanks to the awesome dev community we have but the EOL phones do reach an official end of development. That being said, I don't think this in anyway will be the downfall of Android. I think Android has secured it's place among the big boys in the smartphone market.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links