After a killer black friday deal at Target - 2 terabyte external WD HDD 69 bucks - I'm now at 3.75.
What is 1000 terabytes called? That's my goal.
I try, I try...hahaha!
Anyway, that is a good deal on a 2TB external HD. When I bought my 1TB external HD from WD I believe it was around $130 back then. It was a sale at the time, too. I think I got it two years ago or so...
I got a 1.5TB Seagate for $80 on clearance at Walmart early this fall. Looking back, I should have picked up all three they had..
I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
Gotta Love Wiki:
Examples of the use of "petabyte" to describe data sizes in different fields are:
I want to archive the internet!
- Computer hardware: Teradata Database 12 has a capacity of 50 petabytes of compressed data.
- Internet: Google processes about 24 petabytes of data per day.
- Telecoms: AT&T has about 19 petabytes of data transferred through their networks each day.
- Physics: The 4 experiments in the Large Hadron Collider will produce about 15 petabytes of data per year, which will be distributed over the LHC Computing Grid.
- Climate Science: The German Climate Computing Center (DKRZ) has a storage capacity of 60 petabytes of climate data.
- P2P networks: As of June 2010, Isohunt has about 10.8 petabytes of files contained in torrents indexed globally.
- Archives: The Internet Archive contains about 3 petabytes of data, and is growing at the rate of about 100 terabytes per month as of March, 2009.
- Games: World of Warcraft utilizes 1.3 petabytes of storage to maintain its game. Valve Steam delivers 20 petabytes of content monthly.
- Film: The 2009 movie Avatar is reported to have taken over 1 petabyte of local storage at Weta Digital for the rendering of the 3D CGI effects.