DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Verizon+AT&T iPhone 4 will put the Droid platform to bed in 2011

1. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X, Xoom!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOtaku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFFALOMADMAN View Post
    Everyone keeps saying the Iphone has better apps of course it has better apps its been around for about what 3 or 4 years longer Duh!! Just wait android is still fairly new and give it a year or two and android apps will be better more efficient it is a lame excuse saying well they have better apps obviously they do because its been out longer but android is still really young just wait
    The reason why Apple has better apps then Android is because developers can actually get decent money for their applications. Android people are very tight and expect everything for free.

I'm not saying everyone. I'm saying the majority. I found this out when I got my iPad and saw the charges for the different apps. Thy are not cheap.

Until Android users become willing to pay for their apps they will never catch the app store.

I'm totally neurtal in the iPhone/Android thing. I'm just sharing my observations.
    I think it'd help if one could buy Android Market Gift Cards; The App Store is a lot more friendly to me as a credit/debit-less dependent because I can go out, buy a gift card, redeem it and buy some apps. I don't have that option with the Android Market.

Yeah I totally agree with you there and I think you will see sales go up when they implement the system where you can just charge your phone bill. Like I said it just takes time and I will say it again android is still really young so give it some time.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Apple users aren't cultists.... as much as Steve jobs would love them to be... hahaha :P

Sent from my Droid
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFFALOMADMAN View Post
    No I could care less, That is why I didn't read it is because it means nothing like I stated before. What I dont understand is why does this matter what does it matter than att people come over and get the Iphone why does it matter that you switch to Iphone it doesn't. Like everyone has stated before personal preference is personal preference. Do I care that your going to get an Iphone no but why not just go to att before and get one why now? I am just stating that what you posted was unnecessary you can do all the research you want to do but until is happens in real life it measn nothing. That is all I am saying. There was no reason to post that none at all. Take it for what it is worth but I dont care what is being predicted cause that is all it is a prediction nothing more
    Well, I personally will not got to AT&T for an iPhone because 1)I already have two Verizon lines and 2)AT&T service is absolutely horrible where I live and travel. I know because I had an AT&T work phone and hated that thing with a passion. Worst service I've ever had.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    da Droid
    The first part of the post is not relevant. Please do not do this again.

do they somehow not understand one of the major reasons iphone moved to verizon is because the iphone market was hurting due to the droid army over the last year. this is how they can get back in the game, but the iphone is certainly not putting any droid platform to bed. that's ridiculous. Erroneous on all accounts!

the iphone is nice, or something. i hear folks say it's the best phone, i hear folks say it's not so great a phone as it is just a great device. dont flame me, but i bought an ipod touch to mess with. well i can use that like a phone. texting. etc; meh

all i am saying is the iphone is 1 phone. and sure it may put some droids to bed, but not the top droids. and thats just it. it is competing against multiple phones. it is not going to hold up. sure it could be better than 4 or 5 or even 6 droids. but there are going to be 2 or 3 droids that rival if not best it.
    Last edited by jkhonea; 01-11-2011 at 10:18 PM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    da Droid
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    What I want to know is why everyone is so eager to jump on the 4g bandwagon. I DON'T LIVE IN A 4G AREA. In which I may not get it by the end of 2013.

Point being is that I'm getting iphone(upgrading from D1 last jan.) In which I'm banking on the fact that verizon can't get the iphone5 or whatever comes in June due to the exclusive deal with AT&T.In which I'll buy the iphone now and then get the next one in 2012 since 4g isn't nationwide till 2013.

Also personally I don't like any of the 4g phones just the look of them just doesn't give me good feelings. If the DroidX was 4g I'd be all over it but the Bionic just doesn't suite me and also I have also wanted an Iphone since 2007.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola A855 (D1)
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thexxoffspring View Post
    Verizon pointed out that the "DROID DOES." This meaning that the Droid does more than the iDont. At least that's what I got out of it. How do they plan to advertise the iDont to the Droid? Maybe like this... "We're a hyporcritical company so you should buy and iDont."

^^ That's how it's going to be.
    Which is yet ANOTHER reason I think all these rumors are not true. "Lets spend the most money we have ever spent on an advertising campaign then contradict ourselves a year later"

NOBODY had a clue that the iPad was coming to VZW and yet everyone knows the iPhone is coming to Verizon's network?

iPhone will not be coming to VZW ever. If I'm wrong I will post a thread in the forums and link this post and members can flame away and insult me. Sort of like dunking your teacher or boss at the carnival : )

Sent from my Droid
    I'm waiting for that thread Cereal

Recovery: RZR 2.0.1
    Rom: Simply Stunning 5.6
    Theme: Stock
    Kernel:Stock
    How to Root Your D1: Guide
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by xRITE AIDEx View Post
    What I want to know is why everyone is so eager to jump on the 4g bandwagon. I DON'T LIVE IN A 4G AREA. In which I may not get it by the end of 2013.

Point being is that I'm getting iphone(upgrading from D1 last jan.) In which I'm banking on the fact that verizon can't get the iphone5 or whatever comes in June due to the exclusive deal with AT&T.In which I'll buy the iphone now and then get the next one in 2012 since 4g isn't nationwide till 2013.

Also personally I don't like any of the 4g phones just the look of them just doesn't give me good feelings. If the DroidX was 4g I'd be all over it but the Bionic just doesn't suite me and also I have also wanted an Iphone since 2007.
    I would be more than happy to give you a $50 iTunes card for that Droid of yours.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustisLewis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thexxoffspring View Post
    Verizon pointed out that the "DROID DOES." This meaning that the Droid does more than the iDont. At least that's what I got out of it. How do they plan to advertise the iDont to the Droid? Maybe like this... "We're a hyporcritical company so you should buy and iDont."

^^ That's how it's going to be.
    Which is yet ANOTHER reason I think all these rumors are not true. "Lets spend the most money we have ever spent on an advertising campaign then contradict ourselves a year later"

NOBODY had a clue that the iPad was coming to VZW and yet everyone knows the iPhone is coming to Verizon's network?

iPhone will not be coming to VZW ever. If I'm wrong I will post a thread in the forums and link this post and members can flame away and insult me. Sort of like dunking your teacher or boss at the carnival : )

Sent from my Droid
    I'm waiting for that thread Cereal
    "will not be coming to VZW ever"?? wow, that was a bold statement haha
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Links