DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Verizon+AT&T iPhone 4 will put the Droid platform to bed in 2011

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    My point is that every time you post a link someone chimes in with a negative comment in response and it turns into a big argument. Your new post isn't going to change that. Someone else is going to take it badly, there will be Apple bashing, and the Mods will step in till someone gets bored. I'd like to head that off again.
    Ok I apologize. I'm not trying to start any arguments. I just don't understand why people get so mad about one article. But I'll stop
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFFALOMADMAN View Post
    Everyone keeps saying the Iphone has better apps of course it has better apps its been around for about what 3 or 4 years longer Duh!! Just wait android is still fairly new and give it a year or two and android apps will be better more efficient it is a lame excuse saying well they have better apps obviously they do because its been out longer but android is still really young just wait
    The reason why Apple has better apps then Android is because developers can actually get decent money for their applications. Android people are very tight and expect everything for free.

I'm not saying everyone. I'm saying the majority. I found this out when I got my iPad and saw the charges for the different apps. Thy are not cheap.

Until Android users become willing to pay for their apps they will never catch the app store.

I'm totally neurtal in the iPhone/Android thing. I'm just sharing my observations.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I am not talking about that I am referring to czerdrill post about how Iphone sales will kill every device on verizon
    oh ok, my bad I thought you were just saying you weren't buying into any of the reports.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X, Xoom!
    No not at all its all good
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    I am not talking about that I am referring to czerdrill post about how Iphone sales will kill every device on verizon

It is post #162
    The article does not say that, nor does it imply that. Clearly you didn't read it, as is the case often. The article, had you read it, says that the iPhone would start to take away sales from other devices (if you don't think this is true, that's something I can't help you with). At no point does it say Android is doomed, RIM is doomed, all other devices beware!! Instead of being overly dramatic, it wouldn't hurt to actually read the article before commenting.

I'm providing analyses from tech insiders on what they think is going to happen. Is it guaranteed to happen? Of course not. But it's just analysis based on market research, sales trends and estimations. It's clearly not the end of Android, and anyone who even remotely suggests that would be an idiot.

What's happening is you're mad because someone is posting something that does not buy into the "Android users are geniuses and Apple users are cultists" line of thinking and you're commenting without understanding what is being presented.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    ^^^Exactly what I was hoping to avoid.

czerdrill, I'm not lying when I say it's nothing personal, mate. I think that having a little more Apple-friendly insight on here is a Good Thing as the fanboy mentality gets a little thick. My last post here was a little negative-sounding and for that I apologize.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    ^^^Exactly what I was hoping to avoid.

czerdrill, I'm not lying when I say it's nothing personal, mate. I think that having a little more Apple-friendly insight on here is a Good Thing as the fanboy mentality gets a little thick. My last post here was a little negative-sounding and for that I apologize.
    no offense taken, sir. I'm guilty of getting upset about things on here as well. i've got to cool down my jets too hahaa
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  8. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X, Xoom!
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Everyone keeps saying the Iphone has better apps of course it has better apps its been around for about what 3 or 4 years longer Duh!! Just wait android is still fairly new and give it a year or two and android apps will be better more efficient it is a lame excuse saying well they have better apps obviously they do because its been out longer but android is still really young just wait
    The reason why Apple has better apps then Android is because developers can actually get decent money for their applications. Android people are very tight and expect everything for free.

I'm not saying everyone. I'm saying the majority. I found this out when I got my iPad and saw the charges for the different apps. Thy are not cheap.

Until Android users become willing to pay for their apps they will never catch the app store.

I'm totally neurtal in the iPhone/Android thing. I'm just sharing my observations.
    I understand that but I remember when the first Iphone came out and the biggest complaint was that there wasn't enough apps and quality apps. I jsut dont think it is a fair assumption to say that when Iphone has had what 4 or 5 year head start I Just think with time quality and the amount of apps will increase droid is still really young
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1; Bugless Beast v0.6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

I think it'd help if one could buy Android Market Gift Cards; The App Store is a lot more friendly to me as a credit/debit-less dependent because I can go out, buy a gift card, redeem it and buy some apps. I don't have that option with the Android Market.
    Main phone: Motorola Droid 1 on Verizon. Rooted, running Bugless Beast.
    Favorite phone (but no data plan): Nexus S, bootloader unlocked, rooted, running CyanogenMod 7 Alpha 2.
    Future phone: Moto Droid Bionic on Verizon (Tegra 2 & QHD )
    I just can't quit you, Moto.
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X, Xoom!
    No I could care less, That is why I didn't read it is because it means nothing like I stated before. What I dont understand is why does this matter what does it matter than att people come over and get the Iphone why does it matter that you switch to Iphone it doesn't. Like everyone has stated before personal preference is personal preference. Do I care that your going to get an Iphone no but why not just go to att before and get one why now? I am just stating that what you posted was unnecessary you can do all the research you want to do but until is happens in real life it measn nothing. That is all I am saying. There was no reason to post that none at all. Take it for what it is worth but I dont care what is being predicted cause that is all it is a prediction nothing more
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Links