DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: droid vs. iphone4? differences?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic

droid vs. iphone4? differences?

so my office manager got an iphone4 and she thinks shes hot stuff. i dont know a lot about them except they multitask finally, and i know i have flash. whats the other differences?
    Last edited by hookbill; 06-29-2010 at 02:03 PM.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c_mack9 View Post
    so my office manager got an iphone4 and she thinks shes hot stuff. i dont know a lot about them except they multitask finally, and i know i have flash. whats the other differences?
    iPhone is a very nice phone, it's great for people who don't want to spend a lot of time and effort on their phone. Droid on the other hand allows a lot more opportunity for you to customize your phone. With rooting, overclocking, customized ROMs Droid gives you a great deal of choices on how you want your phone to perform.

iPhone is limited strictly to what Apple allows you to have. It's a very good, fast OS no doubt. I wouldn't even go so far as to say Droid is better then iPhone but overclock your Droid and show your iPhone friend how fast you can go. No way can the iPhone keep up.

iPhone probably has a better selection of Apps then Droid, but that's changing all the time. Since Droid is open source more developers can participate. iPhone uses only developers they pick.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Agreed +1, both are excellent devices and is mainly up to personal preference. You can also customized the iphone a great deal, its just more of a pain in the, well, you know.

I have an Incredible and the iPhone 4, (work and personal).....love both.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Agreed +1, both are excellent devices and is mainly up to personal preference. You can also customized the iphone a great deal, its just more of a pain in the, well, you know.

great, you'll be able to answer this. what features other than the forward facing camera does the iphone4 have over android devices? ive never owned an iphone before.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #1 biggest difference between droid and the iDontworkwhenyouretouchingmephone is well.... the apple product doesn't work if you're holding it "wrong".

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by c_mack9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post

great, you'll be able to answer this. what features other than the forward facing camera does the iphone4 have over android devices? ive never owned an iphone before.
    Well....they are both pretty compatible feature wise, its just a whole difference user experience between the two.

Its kinda like comparing (no pun intended) Microsoft Windows to MacOSX - to each his own, its all user preference.

I think the iOS4 is a more "polished" operating system and more user friendly, but if your into stuff like widgets and more "out of the box" customization, than Android, its a little more "hardcore" if you will.

I personally like iOS a little better, I think the mail app is more polished and the same with other things on the phone......and I'll probably get spanked for saying that.

I really wish I could just combine the two, lol.

PS- Ive had my iphone 4 for a few days with NO reception issues. Maybe Im just lucky.

PPS- I preordered as I would never wait in line for any piece of electronics.
    Last edited by cpjr; 06-29-2010 at 02:51 PM.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    whatever you do dont compare compare cameras! the 4's camera is amazing from what we've seen.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    ive always liked iphone cameras. i had 2 blackberrys and both of them had the same ****ty camera so im extremely pleased with the camera in the droid, especially since 2.2 greatly improved it. still no iphone camera but i'll live with it.

Links