DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 iPhone Flaws

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

5 iPhone Flaws

5-big-blemishes-for-the-apple-iphone-4: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
    I thought theyd post a better argument but that camera is just downright horrid.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Wow. You would think they would have included:

1. Signal attenuation due to the phone being held "improperly"
    2. Yellow streaks and spots on the screen
    3. Inverted volume controls
    4. Shatters like a Christmas ball when dropped (on either or both sides)
    5. It is made by Apple
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    Wow. You would think they would have included:

1. Signal attenuation due to the phone being held "improperly"
    2. Yellow streaks and spots on the screen
    3. Inverted volume controls
    4. Shatters like a Christmas ball when dropped (on either or both sides)
    5. It is made by Apple
    Well we can add those 5 to the 5 they have and then we have 10 reasons to not get it. WOOT!
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    I have an honest assessment about the iphone 4 despite fanboy over here talkin junk. Oh there is an app that allows them to play some flash videos. I was about to make fanboy feel small but felt ima let hime feel good about his purchase. Now all in all the iphone 4 is a nice device. If I still had an iphone 3gs and never had a droid I would love the iphone 4. It plays videos nice and crisp.....I mean the video quality is amazing. I like the improvements and believe its a solid device that I would definitely recommend to att /iphone users.

With that said I would not trade a droid eris for it. I can do more on my droid and plus it is on a better network. Android and iphone users are apple and oranges imo. I like being able to customizze and decide what I want. Its something about going android, once u root and install roms, overclock, I can not see myself going back to an iphone. It would be like driving a benz and having to go back to a beat up toyota.
    People that prefer either android or iphone choose it because they are comfortable with device. I can list faults of the iphone but someone can do the same for the droid. I need not for the i4 to "fail" in order to make the droid a solid device. I prefer the droid someone prefer the iphone ...oh well life goes on, that's competition that's the market. Ima leave it up to google and apple to go to war with each other. Ima buy the device I want and let someone else buy the device they want. I am happy they are happy, move on.
    What makes people mad are the fanboys (both android and iphone) running around finding issues with other peoples phone so they can feel good. Look if u like ur phone cool, if not get what you like. I know on this forum we have fun talkin junk about the iphone but in reality people should not go out there pullin out there droid so u can try to make the iphone 4 fans mad. Let them feel good about their purchase just like you feel good about yours.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D.Incredible & Droid 1
    Yeah I kind of thought they would make more of an astonishing upgrade to the old one but they only upgraded it ever so slightly, but still looks OK and does what it needs to...its still super popular regardless of whats happening to it and I have a feeling its going to be that way for years and years to come.
  7. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    I was trying to explain this to my father and said, "Would you buy a car with the hood and wheel nuts welded shut so any service must be done by the dealer and then discover that the windshield fogs so much that you can barely see? And when you complain you're told to keep all the windows down no matter what the weather because otherwise you're driving it wrong."
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    I was trying to explain this to my father and said, "Would you buy a car with the hood and wheel nuts welded shut so any service must be done by the dealer and then discover that the windshield fogs so much that you can barely see? And when you complain you're told to keep all the windows down no matter what the weather because otherwise you're driving it wrong."
    This is about the best car analogy I have seen on these forums.
    FroYo
    Follow me on
    Twitter
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by GeckoDroid View Post
    Yeah I kind of thought they would make more of an astonishing upgrade to the old one but they only upgraded it ever so slightly, but still looks OK and does what it needs to...its still super popular regardless of whats happening to it and I have a feeling its going to be that way for years and years to come.
    Ever so slightly?? How much change do you need?

Processor went from 600mhz to 1ghz
    HUGE improvement in screen resolution
    Went from 3mp camera to 5mp
    added a flash to camera + digitial zoom
    HD Video recording
    Longer battery life
    Added 2nd front-facing camera

Seriously, Im not trying to defend Apple, but there is a big difference between the iphone 4 and previous phones.

PS- (Flame suit on) I use an Incredible for work and have the iphone 4 for personal - I have not had ANY reception issues or screen issues at all, maybe im just lucky. And Im left handed, lol.
    Last edited by cpjr; 06-30-2010 at 01:15 PM.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    i think you're in the majority, we just only hear about the problems... if they sell 2m of these things, and 5% of people are having these problems, that's 100k people having these problems and given the microscope apple is under, if even half of those 100k go online to complain about it, it will feel like the whole world is dealing with the issue

again, not trying to jump on the apple bandwagon, but trying to keep it realistic!

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeckoDroid View Post
    Ever so slightly?? How much change do you need?

Processor went from 600mhz to 1ghz
    HUGE improvement in screen resolution
    Went from 3mp camera to 5mp
    added a flash to camera + digitial zoom
    HD Video recording
    Longer battery life
    Added 2nd front-facing camera

Seriously, Im not trying to defend Apple, but there is a big difference between the iphone 4 and previous phones.

PS- (Flame suit on) I use an Incredible for work and have the iphone 4 for personal - I have not had ANY reception issues or screen issues at all, maybe im just lucky. And Im left handed, lol.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    I have an honest assessment about the iphone 4 despite fanboy over here talkin junk. Oh there is an app that allows them to play some flash videos. I was about to make fanboy feel small but felt ima let hime feel good about his purchase. Now all in all the iphone 4 is a nice device. If I still had an iphone 3gs and never had a droid I would love the iphone 4. It plays videos nice and crisp.....I mean the video quality is amazing. I like the improvements and believe its a solid device that I would definitely recommend to att /iphone users.

With that said I would not trade a droid eris for it. I can do more on my droid and plus it is on a better network. Android and iphone users are apple and oranges imo. I like being able to customizze and decide what I want. Its something about going android, once u root and install roms, overclock, I can not see myself going back to an iphone. It would be like driving a benz and having to go back to a beat up toyota.
    People that prefer either android or iphone choose it because they are comfortable with device. I can list faults of the iphone but someone can do the same for the droid. I need not for the i4 to "fail" in order to make the droid a solid device. I prefer the droid someone prefer the iphone ...oh well life goes on, that's competition that's the market. Ima leave it up to google and apple to go to war with each other. Ima buy the device I want and let someone else buy the device they want. I am happy they are happy, move on.
    What makes people mad are the fanboys (both android and iphone) running around finding issues with other peoples phone so they can feel good. Look if u like ur phone cool, if not get what you like. I know on this forum we have fun talkin junk about the iphone but in reality people should not go out there pullin out there droid so u can try to make the iphone 4 fans mad. Let them feel good about their purchase just like you feel good about yours.
    couldn't agree more... fanboism aside, these are just phones, it's not like we're talking life altering choices here... i loved my 3GS, and i love my Droid... if AT&T was better, I'd be tempted by the iPhone 4 b/c i've about customized myself to death on the droid... but it's all personal preference
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links