DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: At&t

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

At&t

So i went into an ATT store last weekend to see what droid phoens might be on the horizon (Xperia or Desire) and they said no and the {vomit in my own mouth} Backflip was their flagship droid phone for a while. Then i ranted on how the Iphone (which i have) stinks and ATT needs a better selection. the man then proceded to tell me "oh but the new iphone is coming out" with a huge grin..... I dont think he understood i meant "the iphone sucks".

DOES ANYONE have any good info on a decent droid phone coming to ATT cause my contract doesnt end for quite some time, due to work i need to have data on my phone (and unforutnatley the iphone does have the best browser on ATT's horrible selection) and i WILL NOT buy another apple product!

Anyone work for ATT that can anonymously fill me in?

Thanks

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well as of right now the rumor is that AT&T will be getting the Samsung Galaxy S and the LG LU2300 "Aloha". When and whether or not this is true has yet to be confirmed. What I can say is that the Backflip wouldn't be too bad of a device if it had 2.1 on it. My wife has one and it isn't all that bad. Problems with it right now are it runs Android 1.5 w/ MotoBlur and it hasn't been or for that matter cannot be rooted.

Your other option for AT&T right now is to buy an unsubsidized Nexus One for AT&T's network which Google offers. It is still available at Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone. for $529 unsubsidized. Other than that well... you are outta luck.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    On a side note:

Based on this user's post alone I think Verizon's money has been spent well because he thinks Android phones are Droid phones.

Links