DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon CEO confirms Pursuit of IPHONE

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7

Verizon CEO confirms Pursuit of IPHONE

For those who give a damn. lol
    Verizon CEO Confirms Pursuit of iPhone - CBS News

(CBS/AP) Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg says the company has told Apple that it wants to carry the iPhone. But he declined to say when - or even if - the popular smart phone will be available for Verizon Wireless customers.

In remarks Tuesday before the Council on Foreign Relations, Seidenberg cited a recent Wall Street Journal report that said Apple is working on a version of the iPhone that would be compatible with Verizon's network.

But he did not confirm the report or give any further details Tuesday.

AT&T Inc. has exclusive rights to the iPhone in the United States. The company has been silent about the reports on the new iPhone model.

Apple is expected to announce details on a new iPhone operating system Thursday in Cupertino, Calif.
    Last edited by Backnblack; 04-06-2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Added text
  2. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    True that. But there is alot of converts from ATT/IPHONE and alot of people curious about getting an IPHONE if it comes to Verizon. So..i thought i mentioned it .
    And with the news of IPHONE 4.0 Announcement coming this Thursday. I thought people might wanna know.

And thanks BnB for the fix.
  4. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    yea but still i dont know how many people are gonna go back to the iphone on THIS forum. and 4.0? whoa thats a big deal. wonder if theyre getting live wallpapers too
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I love how he mentioned that the Verizon network could support the iPhone. Jab at AT&T if I've ever seen it. XD

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see what happens. We've definitely got a few people on this forum who would bail on Android in a second. I'd love to get rid of the posers and have nothing but the die hard Android community.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    TrastX
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Well, Appwise iPhone is still the leader, their games are incredible compared to the weak games we have on the droid.

I doubt I would ever switch to the fanboy phone, but it would be nice if we could get some good 3d games, err I said good.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Granted there will be a few who will drop the Android platform and go the iPhone route. The biggest thing will be the people that leave AT&T and go to Verizon's iPhone if it happens. That is the reason Verizon wants it.

As for the apps. The ones on Android are fine and there is always more and better every day. The games, meh. Seriously if I wanted to game I wouldn't have bought a phone. PSP and DS come to mind.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thats the thing, every time I try to game on my phone I realize Im just a phone or txt away from everything jacking up, not to mention the fact that it kills your battery. It would suck if I was on a bus gaming, my battery died and I ended up lost somewhere. Sure, that probably wont happen but you never know. So I keep my gaming on my phone to a minimum.

BUT if the iPhone came to Verizon I might pick one up. Ive wanted one forever and a day.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    I keep my iPod touch with me for gaming. The app selection is unparalleled and the UI is so friggin smooth.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Thats the thing, every time I try to game on my phone I realize Im just a phone or txt away from everything jacking up, not to mention the fact that it kills your battery. It would suck if I was on a bus gaming, my battery died and I ended up lost somewhere. Sure, that probably wont happen but you never know. So I keep my gaming on my phone to a minimum.

BUT if the iPhone came to Verizon I might pick one up. Ive wanted one forever and a day.
    Wouldn't ya know... just as I buy the droid, the iphone comes to Verizon! Now I have to wait another 2 years to get that. HAHA... maybe by then it will be the 5g.. but it will cost a fortune. I just got a 16g ipod touch, and got it upgraded to the 3g.. was $300... then my daughter got a 32g for Christmas, and it was the same price... go figure!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links