DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: WSJ: Verizon iPhone Coming Soon

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by larryzorz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post

Then why did you get a Droid knowing that you can get what you need on an iPhone but not Android? Kinda like knowing that the red pill will kill you and the blue pill will cure all your ills. But you took the red pill because it's your favorite color. It just doesn't make sense.
    I got it cause VZW has a better network..
    So in essence you swallowed the red pill.
    Meh, they both had their pros and cons, it was just easier for me to stay on my current network than to switch over to AT&T. If paired up at the time on VZW's network, I would've most likely picked iPhone.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I don't know if I should get a droid anymore :[
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
    Good riddance to you. If you have a Droid just because you can't have an iPhone, well, I just don't know what to say....

...Yeah yeah, I know... people LOVE their macs. Go play photoshop, while I play Crysis 2.
    Think of something. Because that's how I feel. VZW gets iPhone, I'm switching (and yes, I'll leave these forums).

Yep, the Droid's nice. But for what I want/need in a smartphone, it's more than likely never coming to the Droid. I can get what I need on an iPhone.

And being a person who makes a living as a photography, I don't "play" with photoshop. In fact I have never had a game on any computer other than what came with it. My computers are a tool to work with, and to make me money if at all possible. They aren't game consoles (so I don't know what "crysis 2" is).

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. People need to be tolerant.
    (I know it doesn't happen).
    Actually, I apologize, I didn't mean to come off that way in retrospect. I just thought you were being snippy, and you weren't.

I can understand your view. There are apps and things you are "used to" or need on a iPhone, just like if I bought an iPhone now I might complain about doing things a new way. If there were apps I'm used to and they aren't on the iPhone, I'd complain. What you are saying there are apps that just don't exist on Android, and that is a valid, REAL reason to switch.

But, barring the reasons stated above, I don't see why people would switch. Personally, I've come to love Android, I really do. I just don't think the iPhone offers anything to me that Android doesn't.

oh, and "go play photoshop" is a reference to a very funny spoof video released a few years ago.

It really was funny.

-Wil
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I had an iphone and came back to VZW as soon as the Droid was introduced. The iphone is a CRAP business tool compared to the individualization and customization of the Droid. I was so happy to part with the Apple dictatorship and come over to an open market where I can do a, oh my gosh, don't say it, BATTERY PULL. There will always be people out there that want Apple, I am just not one of them. I would not have even had an iphone if VZW would have taken care of me when I dropped my XV6800. Loved that phone.
    BB Froyo .4 w/ Nextheme
    Chevy's LV 7 slot kernel
    Former iphone user
    Former BB user
    Former Windows Mobile user
    DROID!!!!!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Its in alot of news posts and such but is still speculation for now.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid.
    What bugs me is how popular the iPhone is. Sure it'd be a good move for Verizon, but it just really annoys me. The iPhone is overrated, and it's not nearly as fun to use as Android. I switched too, and the Droid is far superior but it will never look that way because an iPhone is an iPhone.

My sister's a mac too. It bothers me when she goes to buy a $2000 mac laptop and I'm standing here saying "Yo, the Hackintosh I can make for $1000 has much better hardware, forget about the mac" but of course since Macs are popular everyone just claims there better?
    Last edited by demon69120; 03-30-2010 at 04:51 PM.
    Serious Droid fanboy against all iPhones.
    Droid Does... iDon't?
    Droid owner since... March

Droid OCed to 1.3 GHz With JIT enabled - 15.9 MFLOPS in Linpack.
    Cynogenmod 5.0.5.7 & Bekit 1.2 GHz Low Voltage (Thanks!)
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by demon69120 View Post
    What bugs me is how popular the iPhone is. Sure it'd be a good move for Verizon, but it just really annoys me. The iPhone is overrated, and it's not nearly as fun to use as Android. I switched too, and the Droid is far superior but it will never look that way because an iPhone is an iPhone.

My sister's a mac too. It bothers me when she goes to buy a $2000 mac laptop and I'm standing here saying "Yo, the Hackintosh I can make for $1000 has much better hardware, forget about the mac" but of course since Macs are popular everyone just claims there better?
    Just because you don't like the iPhone doesnt mean others wont. Some prefer Anroid, Some prefer iPhone, Some prefer BlackBerry. Its all personal prefrence. I myself will buy an iPhone if one comes to Verizon but thats not saying i wont switch back to my droid quickly. Like ive said before the iPhone has alot more storage for apps and such than the droid does and has alot more apps available period.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Android may be gaining a foothold in the market but whatever happened to Apples five million lawsuits? I guess they fell through for them to be taking the iPhone to Verizon. Maybe they figure they have to do it the long hard way instead of making them cease and desist.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Infreakincredible
    it's all about the apps people, that's the issue, if the apps were the same on the droid I'd never even think about getting an iphone, but the apps are 10000x better on the iphone

the problem is that the apps will NEVER come close on android phones because there are so many different android phones with various capabilites and features which means the devs have so make the lowest quality product. They don't have to worry about that with the iphone.

the average person cares about all the apps, not weather or not you can root your phone and overclock it
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum21 View Post
    it's all about the apps people, that's the issue, if the apps were the same on the droid I'd never even think about getting an iphone, but the apps are 10000x better on the iphone

the problem is that the apps will NEVER come close on android phones because there are so many different android phones with various capabilites and features which means the devs have so make the lowest quality product. They don't have to worry about that with the iphone.

the average person cares about all the apps, not weather or not you can root your phone and overclock it
    Well said. You can also Jailbreak an iPhone but like you said the average user of these phones will not bother with Rooting or Jailbreaking. I haven't even rooted my droid because id like it to stay on warranty and its just too much work.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Links