DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: five reasons to be scared of apple.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

five reasons to be scared of apple.

I thought I share this apple titbit that I found on Iclarified.com
    Five Reasons To Be Scared of Apple
    Cracked reveals five reasons why you should be scared of Apple,

Cracked reveals five reasons why you should be scared of Apple, The Company.

Recently, a faint chorus has been growing--thousands of tech geeks suggesting that if you look under Apple's shiny white veneer, you'll find some practices that are less than user friendly.

Here is a brief overview of their reasons...

#5. Apple Versus Their Customers
    Even after you spend your hard earned money on one of Apple's products, you still don't really own them. "I am Steve Jobs and I just sold you suckers a gadget that iDesigned, iControl and iBreak if you break my arbitrary rules."

#4. Apple Versus The First Amendment
    When Jason O'Grady posted some information on an upcoming FireWire peripheral breakout box; Apple subpoenaed his ISP, tried to get them to take down his website and source of employment, and also subpoenaed O'Grady himself in order to get the name of the source who leaked the information.

#3. Apple Versus The Poor Bastard Who May or May Not Have Leaked an iPhone
    Foxconn did the only thing a self-respecting sociopathic megacorporation could: torture the crap out of their employee. Facing another session over the missing iPhone prototype, Danyong leapt to his death from a 12th floor apartment building.

#2. Apple Versus App Developers
    Apple's main concern in policing the App Store seems to be stomping down on competition. Applications that duplicate Apple or AT&T apps (and do a better job of it) are likely to see the banhammer's vengeance visited upon them.

#1. Apple Versus Absolutely Everyone: The Masterplan
    Apple's idea was to program devices to periodically interrupt users with unskippable ads. The ads would temporarily halt performance of the device in order to "compel attention." That on its own is pretty nightmarish but, innovators that they are, Apple found a way to crank it up to that hard-to-reach "Lovecraftian" level.
    Last edited by Backnblack; 02-18-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Added text
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Interesting............but I ain't scared!!! Bring it Apple!!

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Not scared of apple at all, they make superior products in today's market - products I use. The only people scared of them are the competition.

I'd have an iPhone as well, but At&t was a no-go for me. Everyone around here is on Verizon.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    ^Agreed. I usually find all this "you suck this" or "you suck that" stuff kinda babyish.

And yeah they must be doing something right since their products are on top of alot of others for sales and the fact that they OWE NOTHING as a company.....revenues are all profit.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Apples can rot.
  6. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creibold View Post
    Not scared of apple at all, they make superior products in today's market - products I use. The only people scared of them are the competition.

I'd have an iPhone as well, but At&t was a no-go for me. Everyone around here is on Verizon.
    I agree! I have two Mac's and they perform flawlessly. Like you, the only reason I got rid of my iPhone was AT&T's lousy coverage. Frankly, I'd thrilled I did!!!!!!

If you remember, several years ago, our federal gov't went after Microsoft. The feds said MS was a monopoly but if one bothered to peal back the layers is was clear MS was the 500 lb gorilla so the gov't wanted to take it down a peg. Too bad the same standards were not applied to ALL other companies.

Now, Mr. Jobs has developed quality products. What happens -- you decide

Instead of trying to hinder, perhaps we should be looking for men like Gates and Jobs to run our country!
  7. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Like you, the only reason I got rid of my iPhone was AT&T's lousy coverage.
    When the iPhone first came out, Consumer Reports did a review. On the whole they liked it, but they said one of the biggest drawbacks was AT&T. I wonder what would've happened if the iPhone was originally available from any phone company.
  8. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    Like you, the only reason I got rid of my iPhone was AT&T's lousy coverage.
    When the iPhone first came out, Consumer Reports did a review. On the whole they liked it, but they said one of the biggest drawbacks was AT&T. I wonder what would've happened if the iPhone was originally available from any phone company.
    Not sure but I imagine that many of us would be reading a iPhone forum instead of a Droid forum. But just a guess!
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

I agree! I have two Mac's and they perform flawlessly. Like you, the only reason I got rid of my iPhone was AT&T's lousy coverage. Frankly, I'd thrilled I did!!!!!!

If you remember, several years ago, our federal gov't went after Microsoft. The feds said MS was a monopoly but if one bothered to peal back the layers is was clear MS was the 500 lb gorilla so the gov't wanted to take it down a peg. Too bad the same standards were not applied to ALL other companies.

Instead of trying to hinder, perhaps we should be looking for men like Gates and Jobs to run our country!
    @mwhartman;God forbid, and all of us we'll be running around with an I-pad hanging over our necks to remind everyone that Steve. J. is the King Overlord.
  10. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnflo88 View Post

@mwhartman;God forbid, and all of us we'll be running around with an I-pad hanging over our necks to remind everyone that Steve. J. is the King Overlord.
    I hear you on that. Right or wrong, it seems that all of the very, very, successful business men have extremely high egos. Must be is basic characteristic of that personality.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links