DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Storm2

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

Storm2

So the Black Berry Storm 2 will be released the same day as the Motorola Droid. Do you think that will have any impact on droid sales? I've only used the storm a few times and thought it was the total piece of crap. Looking at the review on the storm2, it doesn't look half bad.

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    I had the Storm for less then a day. Could not stand it. The OS was slow, the on screen keyboard was crap. The only thing it had going for it over the other blackberry's was the screen size and quality. Since there was no keyboard, the screen was much larger.
  4. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member
    Haha, so you were one of those RIMMtards

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I had the Storm for less then a day.
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    I guess so. I have had the following phones: 8830 World, 2 Curves, and now the Tour.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    I don't think it will impact the sales of droid much at all, i think in respect it will be the other way around. I think the sales of droid will impact that of Rimm. Rimm was trying to market their storm / storm 2 to appeal to more of the casual users, which they have done a poor job of doing. Their OS was not for the casual user.

The storm 2 has gotten great reviews from everyone i've heard from. The OS is FAR superior to that of the storm gen 1. The OS revision change has fixed a lot of the issues that users had with them. The only problem is that, reading from another article and completely agreeing with, is that companies don't want to have to support a BES enterprise anymore. I know from personal experience that BES is very annoying and tedious and very costly to keep up and running. While the Rimm / BB / Storm have made great strides, i think if they don't start coming out with a better OS and soon they a lot are going to start heading elsewhere.
  7. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    I've used tons of BB email and never used BES. The simple mail forwarding suits my purposes perfectly.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    i agreed, the BB does exactly what i want it to.. i really love it, honestly. but like someone said in a different thread, its getting slower. too much bloat or can't handle the apps, either way its annoying. i love my bb but i'm getting sick of the little things, like daily battery pulls and slow browser.. its just time to move on. and while the storm 2 might be really really awesome, i'm just a little disenchanted by the whole experience lately.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  9. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member
    I just think Black Berry has lost their edge now, most of their phones seem dated and their products rushed. I bet the guys that work there are under extreme pressure to get something out, even if it isn't ready. Reminds me of software that remains beta forever.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    I deff agree with the rushing out things, but really too many companies do that now adays. Microsoft does, BB, i think apple did with the first iphone (if given another month or 2 would have been alot better). They give into demand too much. They would much rather see a ****ty piece of technology go out then keep it another month or 2 and make it 100 times better.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    The Storm 2 releases today actually! I believe Verizon is downplaying it to avoid reminding people of the missteps of the first storm. Blackberrys have lost their luster with average consumers. In the business realm, the Blackberry is rolling on.
    Droid Nov 6th...Hopefully I get mine!
    http://androidandme.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/droid-does-post-image.jpg
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links