DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Storm2

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    Well i would love the Storm 2 BUT:

- still has click-display
    - has very buggy OS5
    - Still has real poor battery

So that r 3 Points what make me believe its not a phone i can rely on. Still would have loosen click, dropped calls and sms.

NO WAY!

Cant wait for My Milestone!
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Miami...you are funny and you are absolutely right !! But, as you say in your signature "It is what it is" ...so I guess it's a question of wanting to take the time to download and install an OTA app in about 2 minutes and not sweating the battery pull issue...or pulling the battery every day and getting pissed off about it. I downloaded the app because it makes so much sense and it's so easy. I also identified the issue on the Crackberry forums before I ever experienced it with my Storm and took action so that I wouldn't have to experience it. Seems there are quite a few Droid folks pulling batteries also. Hopefully something like QuickPull will be available for them....although I suspect that a great many problems that surface from these phones are user defined and created rather than the phone itself. When I have both phones sitting side by side and configured to my requirements then I'll make my final decision. Who knows...maybe I'll keep both of 'em...

BTW - battery pulls, email syncing issues, the camera (ugly), freezing up, the keyboard and poor battery life seem to be the big complaints so far. Haven't seen many solutions but I suspect they will be coming as folks get more proficient in it's use. Good luck. I'll keep researching and looking at what folks are saying...seems like a pretty good phone though.

The S2 is a decent device. I'm not knocking it. The thing is RIMM didn't do enough to make it a upgrade or justified the fee. I haad an S1 and GF still hasthe S1. IMHO the S1 feels better then the S2. Yes I have had the S2 in my hand also. RIMM does push email well. Thier browser is weak, and after having SO maky issues with the S1. They screw up the S2 with a OS that has to be upgraded the day after release. That should have been done LONG before release. Also I know a guy who is on his 4th yes 4th S2 already. # replacements all due to hardware failure. The extra memory is nice and all. Maybe when S3 comes nesxt year. RIMM will get it just right.

As far as preparing for the S1 issues. I agree with you. I worked around the device's problems. I used my S1 heavy every day as I do my Droid. Only I havent had to pull the battery on the Droid yet . My screen is MUCH MUCH nicer and I have the same memory available on it. I just downloaded Crackman's new V10 hybrid for the S1. This is to upgrade my GF's device. That's where the dissapointment comes in. I shouldn't have to tweak the OS toi make the S1 run correctly. I will be doing that again later this week. As I say (which you pointed out) I guess sometimes it's just what it is! Have a great day and enjoy both devices!
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid to Incredible
    RIM is a not noted for "gadget" type phones and when they released the S1 with VzN, I thought it was a sort of desperation move on the part of VzN to re-capture some of the revenue they lost to AT&T from the iPhone. They took a "big name" device (BlackBerry) and touted it as an iPhone killer...NOT !!!. I honestly think that if it wasn't for AT&T, most of us on these forums would probably have an iPhone. It's a supergadget...no questions !

I like the S1...it does feel better than the S2 and in the area I live (Lakewood, WA) technology reigns supreme (Intel is down the street and Microsoft is up the street so to speak) and we abound with gadget freaks. I am one of them...wish I had a few bucks for every cell phone I've had...anyway, the S1 sales skyrocketed but shortly afterwards, customer satisfaction plumetted. I think I am one of the few who can honestly say that have been delighted with their S1 experience. As far as the Droid goes, I have decided to wait until about X-mas time to get my Droid. I want to keep checking this forum and see what issues crop up and I want to see if the Dec 11 OS patch fixes/creates any bugs. Guess I'll just "lurk" until then...if I can restrain myself. LOL...Have a great day.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    Whatever RIM is noted for, moongoose, they are supposed to release a smartphone that you can rely on, and that is absolutely NOT given. Al lot of my friends got emselves the S2 by now, they r happy, but i guess that only leasts as long as you still "play" with the device. As soon as you are using the S2 as a reliable mobile office like RIM wants it to, you are screwed.

Dont get me wrong, for business uses, the blackberrys are irreplacable.I have a bold and the curve 8900 for coorperate usage. NEVER give em away. But for privat use.....for a little eyecandy combined with reliability and functionality...s2 sucks!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid to Incredible
    I guess everyone has their own opinion. Somehow I don't think that I have the only BB Storm in the entire universe that works perfectly. I actually know a few others that are real happy with theirs also. Having said that...I also know that there are far more people who were let down by VzN, RIM and the Storm in general. I think a lot has to do with location. I know that there are a couple of state agencies where I live that have contracted with VzN and are using the Storm with superior results.

My point is simply that despite all the bashing, there are a number of satisfied Storm users who are quite happy and will not bash RIM or VzN for their efforts to satisfy the public. My personal opinion is that if one doesn't like it then give it back...life's to short to spend it dealing with a ton of negativity...move on to something that "satisfies" (although serial bashers will NEVER find perfection...LOL)

As far as click screens...I like it and have had no problems adapting to it...but then I have a mind open to different experiences and the ability to adapt. The buggy OS that you mention works flawlessly on my phone and my battery lasts 2 days (but I do use QuickPull...)

If I wasn't a toy freak I'd call it good...but the Droid is looming on my Horizon and I'm starting to think I won't wait until the 12/11/09 release because I may want to compare the before and after and do that within the 30 day window that VzN will allow for returns. If I split it down the middle that makes my purchase date around Nov 25. I'm looking forward to the side by side comparison.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Ok, I'm an idiot...I bought the Droid, was a little irritated that Yahoo wouldn't "push" and that I had to download a 3rd party app for my exchange email, when my old iPhone did both out of the box.

Sooo, I went to Best Buy and exchanged it for a Storm 2...now I want to go back to the Droid...I'm embarassed to exchange the phone again, but the Storm is slow and the keyboard is very difficult (why have a touch screen if you still have to "push" it)...

Decisions, decisions...
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Had the BB Storm 1 for a year, never had to exchange due to any issues. OS 5.0 was an EPIC FAIL, and thus why I left BB.

Storm 2 is a repackaged Storm 1 with some more memory. I'm not knocking it, if it's your taste, then so be it and enjoy! But for me... RIM dropped the ball big time.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrun99 View Post
    Ok, I'm an idiot...I'm embarassed to exchange the phone again,..
    LmAo just go change it or the first thing you said in yur post will be true lol DROID!!
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Took it back this morning and exchanged it for the Droid...in fact I'm posting with it now...
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    yeehaw!! now just get the swype keyboard and you'll be in heaven! welcome back to droid.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Links