DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: If the Droid X can do it, why not the iphone?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

If the Droid X can do it, why not the iphone?

Currently, I have a Droid X... I can turn off the wifi feature on an ipad and my MacBook Pro and pair either of the devices to my Droid X via bluetooth... now, even though there is NO wifi connection, I can get an internet connection through the bluetooth using my Droid X as a ad-hoc hotspot... I'm not using the personal hotpot feature on my phone, nor am I paying for any additional data other than my $20/mo plan for the Droid X basic data...What I want to know is if I dump the Droid and get an iPhone, will I be able to do the same thing?

If not, then THIS might be a dealbreaker from my getting the iphone and may as well just keep an android phone handy...
    Thanks!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidFan
    Currently, I have a Droid X... I can turn off the wifi feature on an ipad and my MacBook Pro and pair either of the devices to my Droid X via bluetooth... now, even though there is NO wifi connection, I can get an internet connection through the bluetooth using my Droid X as a ad-hoc hotspot... I'm not using the personal hotpot feature on my phone, nor am I paying for any additional data other than my $20/mo plan for the Droid X basic data... What I want to know is if I dump the Droid and get an iPhone, will I be able to do the same thing?

If not, then THIS might be a dealbreaker from my getting the iphone and may as well just keep an android phone handy... Thanks!
    Dude, if I were you, I'd keep in the Droid Saga, rather than in the dark side.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Droid Forums

Links