DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Droid to Blackberry

  1. Junior Droid
    pinkbeautykiller's Avatar
    Member #
    252944
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Droid to Blackberry

    i'm moving from my Motorola Droid 1 to the Blackberry Curve. I am wondering how can i move all my pictures,videos, and contacts to the blackberry??
    Also would it be possible for me to transfer text messages?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #2
    Take the memory card out, and back it up on your computer. Then put the card in the Curve, and format it. Then just move over what needs to be moved.

    Pictures taken with the camera will be in the dcim folder along with recorded videos. Your contacts should be synced up with your Google account. If not two things you can do:

    1.) Ask Verizon to transfer them
    2.) Backup assistant (if the DROID even supports it)

    There should be Google based apps that will sync your accounts though.

    You most likely won't be able to transfer text messages.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Caesars's Avatar
    Member #
    251834
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,163
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    #3
    As someone who liked blackberries before (last one I had was bold), what in the heck convinced you to try that over a newer droid/iphone?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  5. Junior Droid
    pinkbeautykiller's Avatar
    Member #
    252944
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    Take the memory card out, and back it up on your computer. Then put the card in the Curve, and format it. Then just move over what needs to be moved.

    Pictures taken with the camera will be in the dcim folder along with recorded videos. Your contacts should be synced up with your Google account. If not two things you can do:

    1.) Ask Verizon to transfer them
    2.) Backup assistant (if the DROID even supports it)

    There should be Google based apps that will sync your accounts though.

    You most likely won't be able to transfer text messages.
    thanks so much!! can i just leave the card in there?? so i dont have to move them over and how would i format it???
    And my contacts are already backed up with my google account, so how would i go about syncing them to the blackberry??
    Last edited by pinkbeautykiller; 02-23-2012 at 06:30 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    pinkbeautykiller's Avatar
    Member #
    252944
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesars View Post
    As someone who liked blackberries before (last one I had was bold), what in the heck convinced you to try that over a newer droid/iphone?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
    I can't upgrade till March 23rd, and my ex is finally giving me the blackberry back i gave him and i figured i'd use it till i upgrade..My droid right now is slowly dieing the power button doesn't work nd the volume down button doesn't work.And besides that i've been looking at the Droid Pro and Blackberry i've looked at various Droid Pro VS Blackberry and the more i looked at the blackberry's site, forums and videos the more i got attached? to it l0l so i figured i'm getting it back from my ex and i wouldn't have to pay for it
    Last edited by pinkbeautykiller; 02-23-2012 at 06:58 PM.
  7. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkbeautykiller View Post
    thanks so much!! can i just leave the card in there?? so i dont have to move them over and how would i format it???
    And my contacts are already backed up with my google account, so how would i go about syncing them to the blackberry??
    You can try, but the OS may want you to format it. You should probably format the card anyways as there's going to be a lot of android stuff on it that is useless to BB. So might as well start fresh. If you want to you can go through the memory card and just back up what you want. Plus, I don't know how BB's set up its folder structure. They may put pictures in a different folder, and what not.

    I believe you would download google sync from the app place. Though, I'm not 100 on this. TBH I have zero experience with BB, and my only interaction with it is from my girlfriends BB. Honestly though, I would be really surprised if BB weren't able to do this natively. In my experience with iOS and WebOS they were able to add mail, contact, and calendar sync for google accounts from the add account section.
  8. Junior Droid
    pinkbeautykiller's Avatar
    Member #
    252944
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    You can try, but the OS may want you to format it. You should probably format the card anyways as there's going to be a lot of android stuff on it that is useless to BB. So might as well start fresh. If you want to you can go through the memory card and just back up what you want. Plus, I don't know how BB's set up its folder structure. They may put pictures in a different folder, and what not.

    I believe you would download google sync from the app place. Though, I'm not 100 on this. TBH I have zero experience with BB, and my only interaction with it is from my girlfriends BB. Honestly though, I would be really surprised if BB weren't able to do this natively. In my experience with iOS and WebOS they were able to add mail, contact, and calendar sync for google accounts from the add account section.
    Okayy, thanks i'll figure it out when i get it back Monday from my ex. How would i format it??
  9. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkbeautykiller View Post
    Okayy, thanks i'll figure it out when i get it back Monday from my ex. How would i format it??
    Should be someplace in the options. Most likely under memory or storage.
  10. Junior Droid
    pinkbeautykiller's Avatar
    Member #
    252944
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    Should be someplace in the options. Most likely under memory or storage.
    It is, i did a quick google search and found this How to Format an SD Card for a BlackBerry Curve | Tech Tips on Salon.com

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Blackberry to Droid X
    By nc_biscuit in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 02:06 PM
  2. Droid vs. Blackberry
    By TheFloridaDude in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 10:31 AM

Search tags for this page

blackberry vs droid 2012

,
blackberry vs droid razr maxx
,

droid vs blackberry

,
how do i transfer folders from blackberry to galaxy droid
,
how to set up text on blackberry bold
,
how to transfer droid to blackberry 10
,
moving contacts from motorola droid to blackberry
,
moving from motorola droid to blackberry
,
transfer contacts from droid razr to blackberry bold
,

transfer text messages from blackberry to android

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+