DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs says Android/Google won't keep up

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Steve Jobs says Android/Google won't keep up

Steve Jobs held a town hall meeting with Apple employees late last week following the iPad launch. Wired reports on what was said at the meeting by Steve Jobs. Two of the biggest topics included Google and Adobe.

On Google, Jobs confirms the much-reported competition between the two companies. On Google: We did not enter the search business, Jobs said. They entered the phone business. Make no mistake they want to kill the iPhone. We won't let them, he says.
    As for Adobe, Jobs said they are lazy and Jobs blames Adobe for a buggy implementation of Flash on the Mac as one of the reasons they won't support it. Apple does not support Flash because it is so buggy, he says. Whenever a Mac crashes more often than not it's because of Flash. No one will be using Flash, he says. The world is moving to HTML5.
    Those are the main points covered by Wired's article. We had received a more detailed report of the Apple meeting, but hadn't been able to corroborate it until now. Many of the details of the Wired report were identical to our anonymous submission, so we believe it to be accurate. Some additional key points that we learned:

- Apple will deliver aggressive updates to iPhone that Android/Google won't be able to keep up with
    - iPad is up there with the iPhone and Mac as the most important products Jobs has been a part of
    - Regarding the Lala acquisition, Apple was interested in bringing those people into the iTunes team
    - Next iPhone coming is an A+ update
    - New Macs for 2010 are going to take Apple to the next level
    - Blu-Ray software is a mess, and Apple will wait until sales really start to take off before implementing it.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 2.02
    This is simple: ATT vs. Verizon. Android doesn't have to keep up, it's already ahead. It's a phone first, everything else is secondary. It's the network, dummy.
    ----
    the mod who changed my sig, which followed all the rules.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes View Post
    This is simple: ATT vs. Verizon. Android doesn't have to keep up, it's already ahead. It's a phone first, everything else is secondary. It's the network, dummy.
    seems like they know they can't beat the network, and are going after everything else. If it wasn't for the horrible coverage, I would fully support ATT.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    On Google, Jobs confirms the much-reported competition between the two companies. On Google: We did not enter the search business, Jobs said. They entered the phone business. Make no mistake they want to kill the iPhone. We won't let them, he says.
    And you entered the phone business when you weren't otherwise in it? What the heck kinda sense is that?

Quote Originally Posted by p1ngputts View Post
    - Apple will deliver aggressive updates to iPhone that Android/Google won't be able to keep up with
    Good Luck.

- iPad is up there with the iPhone and Mac as the most important products Jobs has been a part of
    iPad is a massive disappointment.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    jobs needs to take a look at the engadget vote results.. keeping up? yup. ahead? not yet.. but then again, the droid is the first real threat to the iphone and has only been out for a few months. give it another few and i think it will be ahead.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    ps: if i wanted everything the ipad would do, i would want it to do so in my pocket. = ipod touch.

period. what a waste.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    This kinda miffed me off lol I lost a lot of respect for him, you can really tell he is really worried about Google...Let's hope google proves him wrong and puts up a fight with greater updates!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The fact that he said android/google won't keep up is proof that it will. Apple ignores everything that isn't a threat because they know it will only harm themselves if they say anything about another product by giving them attention. I already know 3 other people that left their iPhones for droids/nexus, imagine how many Steve Jobs knows about.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Out of everything Apple has accomplished, I truly love the MacBook Pro. It's overpriced, but I would have a hard time going back to a pc.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by p1ngputts View Post
    Out of everything Apple has accomplished, I truly love the MacBook Pro. It's overpriced, but I would have a hard time going back to a pc.
    I love a lot of things Apple. What I don't love is their policies. I've completely transferred from Apple because supporting them only adds to their monopoly. Their policies are bad for the future of tech and the internet. Tech is supposed to be freeing not turning everyone into little slaves that give up their freedom to have the next cool thing.

I love all of their excuses of why they don't have things like flash and multi-tasking. At the end of the day it's because they feel the average Apple fan boy isn't smart enough to have choices. If flash is so bad why can't I have an option to turn it off? Why can't I choose to not multi-task? Why can't I choose what apps I want and how to run them? The real answer is because if Apple allowed you to do that what would they have to sell you in six months?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links