DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS Zune Phone will debut in MWC (2 weeks!)

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member

MS Zune Phone will debut in MWC (2 weeks!)

Zune Phone to Debut at MWC, Will Use Nvidia Tegra - zune phone - Gizmodo

this is going to be very interesting. the Zune is widely accepted as one of the best multimedia handheld devices available, and combining it with a phone experience could make this a gamechanger for Microsoft. what carrier will get this? (t-mobile? lol)

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Don't consider this rude, because I don't mean it to be - but is the Zune really considrred the best? Nobody really has any. I bought a Zune 30 and a 80 when they came out and during the time I had it I never saw anyone else with one, and I live in a major city. The best buy next to me still has the same lonely Zune HD (only one). Basically if its regarded as the best, why don't these people buy them? The Zune was pretty nice though, but I'm not sure enough people even know of its existance to say that its anything but widely ignored...
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by funkdoctor View Post
    Don't consider this rude, because I don't mean it to be - but is the Zune really considrred the best? Nobody really has any. I bought a Zune 30 and a 80 when they came out and during the time I had it I never saw anyone else with one, and I live in a major city. The best buy next to me still has the same lonely Zune HD (only one). Basically if its regarded as the best, why don't these people buy them? The Zune was pretty nice though, but I'm not sure enough people even know of its existance to say that its anything but widely ignored...
    Because it dosn't have a Apple logo on it..... I have 2 an 80G and a 8G (for running) and my 80G has lasted through some abuse that my iPod just couldn't hang with. In my personal opinion the Zune> iPod.

Op: It was put out by MS not to long ago that (IIRC) there would be no Zphone, that MS would focus on WinMo7 and Zune software support for mobile devices (how i would love to use my Zune Pass with my droid).

However maybe they changed their minds, and decided to push it through. as cool as it would be i hope i doesn't happen, i want Zune on my Droid
  5. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    funkdoctor: i never said it was popular, but it is critically acclaimed. it gets rave reviews from all the tech sites...

if i didn't get an ipod touch "free" back in the day, i probably would've made the plunge for a Zune HD
  6. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ricepuddin View Post

However maybe they changed their minds, and decided to push it through. as cool as it would be i hope i doesn't happen, i want Zune on my Droid
    the Zune phone is 100% confirmed now... no specs released yet tho
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyanks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ricepuddin View Post

the Zune phone is 100% confirmed now... no specs released yet tho
    Guess i should have read the articale
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    for as long as MS has delayed WinMo7, I'm really surprised to see this announcement. i think the Zune's interface is terribly ugly and when they implemented a "similar" interface with WinMo6.5, I was immed. turned off.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To little to late... I've been waiting for this since I got my first Zune and the "Zune phone" rumors first started.... oh well. Maybe when I'm so for an upgrade.

640K it's says in the article that it's NOT a "zune with a phone attached" but a WM7 phone with the Zune software. That has been their focus for a while (since they scrapped WM7 for the intermediate 6.5 release). Also note there appears to be 3 phones already supported (well, being programed for).

No note on carrier(s) THAT will be interesting. And I agree with the comment above about abuse. I have been amazed at how much abuse my Zunes have taken with little to no signs of wear.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyanks View Post
    funkdoctor: i never said it was popular, but it is critically acclaimed. it gets rave reviews from all the tech sites...

if i didn't get an ipod touch "free" back in the day, i probably would've made the plunge for a Zune HD
    No biggie, but I took the term "widely considered" to mean that a large amount of people felt this way. It's sort of like if I told you that my friend's band was widely considered "the greatest band ever" - but nobody has ever heard of 'em. Regardless, I kind of gave up on the Zune because it seems like Microsoft s has never given it any sort of push. They seem to think the Zune is going to sell itself - it's obviously not. Most of the population doesn't know what a Zune is. But if this phone makes them put some actual muscle behind it, then good. I considered my Zune to be superior to my iPod.
  11. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Update: "Windows Phone 7"

-Zune-like interface
    -no multtasking (apps pause when switched to next), no Flash
    -full integration with Zune, Xbox Live, etc
    -full support for social networking

and more... check the link below

PPCGeeks Blog Archive EXCLUSIVE Breaking News : Windows Phone 7 Details Emerge From The Depths
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links