DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The IPhone will NEVER get Flash

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

The IPhone will NEVER get Flash

About Adobe: They are lazy, Jobs says. They have all this potential to do interesting things but they just refuse to do it. They don't do anything with the approaches that Apple is taking, like Carbon. Apple does not support Flash because it is so buggy, he says. Whenever a Mac crashes more often than not it's because of Flash. No one will be using Flash, he says. The world is moving to HTML5.

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    About Adobe: They are lazy, Jobs says. They have all this potential to do interesting things but they just refuse to do it. They don't do anything with the approaches that Apple is taking, like Carbon. Apple does not support Flash because it is so buggy, he says. Whenever a Mac crashes more often than not it's because of Flash. No one will be using Flash, he says. The world is moving to HTML5.
    If this is true, his logic is extremely flawed. Most major sites that people use, like YouTube, use Flash. Flash is a platform, not a development. The creators use Flash to develop, not Adobe uses Flash to develop.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Flash *is* crappy* and Adobe *is* dumb for not making it better and HTML5 will likely eventually supplant it sometime in the future. But until that happens *everyone* still needs flash support.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    HTML5 May be the future, but I have money saying it'll have Flash coinciding with it as best friends.
    Your Soul Is Mine!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Well, the way I see it, if HTML5 gained ground, what will it do to Flash? I just hope that we get to use Flash before HTML5 becomes the norm.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoxus View Post
    HTML5 May be the future, but I have money saying it'll have Flash coinciding with it as best friends.
    Exactly, Flash is already the established norm. I don't see Adobe just giving up on their most popular platform by far (PDF as the second, PhotoShop as third I believe).
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    wow, Jobs sounds pissy. not that I really care if him and Adobe get into a pissing match. It will be all the better when Android gets it. "What, you can't look at that site? aww sucks to be you!"

(Yes I have one to many friends who think their IPhone is above all other phones.)
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    After looking at stocks. Apple isn't doing as well
    Last edited by Phoxus; 01-31-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    Your Soul Is Mine!
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I don't care what the future is because I don't live in the future. Apple understands that flash would hurt their video and game sales, so they refuse to allow it on any of their products (other than their laptops and computers of course). To call their new product the best way to experience the web, yet leave out flash, is ridiculous. You know Apple doesn't really believe that.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by lschicky View Post
    wow, Jobs sounds pissy. not that I really care if him and Adobe get into a pissing match. It will be all the better when Android gets it. "What, you can't look at that site? aww sucks to be you!"

(Yes I have one to many friends who think their IPhone is above all other phones.)
    I think Jobs is just pissed that everyone was so underwhelmed and have been criticizing the giant iPod Touch known as the iPad! Hey if he wouldn't have spent all that money on booze and new livers maybe R&D could have come up with something better.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links