DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs: Flash talk; talkin' shi*

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!

Steve Jobs: Flash talk; talkin' shi*

posted on FB buy my buddy who works at Adobe:
    According to a report in Wired (and a source whom the publication says "could not be named"), Steve Jobs spoke to an audience of Apple employees at a town hall in Cupertino and... pulled zero punches. If you believe what you read, Jobs tackled a handful of major issues that have been buzzing the company lately, namely its run-ins with Google on a number of topics, and the lack of Flash support in its mobile devices (most notably in the upcoming iPad). On Google, Jobs had this to say: "We did not enter the search business. They entered the phone business. Make no mistake they want to kill the iPhone. We won't let them." According to the attendee, another topic was brought up but Steve wouldn't let the Google issue go, stating his thoughts on the company's famous 'Don't be evil' line. In Steve's words? "It's bull****."

Furthermore Jobs had a handful of choice words for Adobe, calling the company "lazy" and claiming that "Apple does not support Flash because it is so buggy. Whenever a Mac crashes more often than not it's because of Flash. No one will be using Flash. The world is moving to HTML5." Of course, these amazing nuggets of wisdom come from a source which Engadget cannot verify, so it's possible there are misquotes or items taken out of context, though from the sounds of things, this kind of talk falls right in line with what we'd expect from the man who said Microsoft "had no taste" and makes "really third-rate products." We eagerly await Eric Schmidt's response.
    CE-Oh no he didn't? Part LXVII: Steve Jobs lashes out at Google, calls Adobe 'lazy' -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Benson-Adobe;
    Just admit that it's all about Flash potentially taking away revenue from your stupid App store, and that it scares you ****less that you won't have direct control over something. Somehow I doubt that any of the top 10,000 sites on the 'net think that Flash is going to make people's computers unstable, but still use it anyway. Seriously Steve?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    yeah i saw that...while he is in fact correct about the laziness of Adobe, all adobe products are crap! All Adobe does is buy other companies and just build on top of the original code...they never write anything from scratch and that's why everything is so bloated...

That being said, Steve is full of ****! Everyone will continue to use and want flash on their devices. This is just yet another excuse. Jobs wants people to waste money on TV episodes on iTunes and crappy ports of flash games in the app store...it has nothing to do with stability!

And as for his Google statements....well he is totally talking out of his ass! Apple entered the phone market themselves less than 6 years ago, so don't act like Apple invented the cell phone! To slander Google for becoming real competition is just childish.

Which company is sueing others for using Multi-Touch and trying to ban importation of Nokia phones to the US...was that google or apple?

Which company offers everything as open source and gives all their services and software to consumers for free?

Which company charges for firmware updates for their mobile devices and considers copy/paste a feature you should pay for??
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The funny part about this: you know Jobs uses Google search. Jobs is an idiot, thinking any phone than the iphone just wants to kill the iphone. When in fact, there were so many phones before the iphone, nobody said that the iphone is the Blackberry killer or RAZR killer. The more phones out there the better choices through competition we have. The sad thing about this is the fact that Apple *****ed for so long about Microsoft having a monopoly, now Apple has a monopoly in the mobile department and they are hypocrites. Their motto was to be different but now that they have a strong market share, they want everyone to be the same.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    It seems to me that these quotes weren't verified. But even if he said it so what? Why do we care about what Steve Jobs says?

I might care because I have a Mac but I don't believe Google gives a crap about what Jobs has to say.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    It seems to me that these quotes weren't verified. But even if he said it so what? Why do we care about what Steve Jobs says?

I might care because I have a Mac but I don't believe Google gives a crap about what Jobs has to say.
    Well Engadget stepped up and has a "version" of their website without any "Apple News" , very cool and I saved the link as a favorite :-)

Do you hate Apple news? -- Engadget

Here is the direct link to "Apple-Free Engadget" , works great! Engadget

IF only we could do something like that on this forum for "Apple", "iPhone" and "2.1", the world would be a perfect place.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3

Right on Hook
    I could give a sh!! less what he, or anyone at Apple thinks. Anyone that sh!ts on their customers as much as Apple really doesn't deserve their success...
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dphone

exactly, why do you care what Job's says? tell me a CEO/president who is your role model...IMO, this is a problem in the US..you won't get much love when you're on top. I can see why so many people hate Microsoft, Google, Apple, Jobs, Gates, my boss Larry Ellison, Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys, Red Wings, etc. why? because they are the BEST.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post

Well Engadget stepped up and has a "version" of their website without any "Apple News" , very cool and I saved the link as a favorite :-)

Do you hate Apple news? -- Engadget

Here is the direct link to "Apple-Free Engadget" , works great! Engadget

IF only we could do something like that on this forum for "Apple", "iPhone" and "2.1", the world would be a perfect place.
    It's actually not a different version of the site its a filter.

You can type in anything you want.

Engadget

and whatever else you don't want to read about.
  9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlefury View Post
    It's actually not a different version of the site its a filter.

You can type in anything you want.

Engadget

and whatever else you don't want to read about.
    Obviously, BUT still fun to use to filter out the ..well...stuff.
  10. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1570 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Well once flash is released on devices, I'm hoping there is a backlash against them.

Reason I say that is because the end users really want flash. Whether it's buggy or not is not the issue.

People want it.

He's basically telling them "No, you can't have it because I say it's buggy." Imagine the shoe were on the other foot and Google wouldn't allow it to work on Android. this place would be on fire. We'd see riots : )

It's just bad business.

He's alienating his user base.

I really believe once flash is available on our devices it will be HUGE. I think it will create even more defections to Android and I think the existing iPhone customers will start to see whats really going on and get upset.

He's walking a fine line right now. Thats my thoughts.

Lastly he does have one thing entirely correct. This is no joke:

"Make no mistake they want to kill the iPhone. We won't let them."

The battle has already begun : )
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links