DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Things The Apple iPad Doesn't Have..

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID

10 Things The Apple iPad Doesn't Have..

1. Flash. The Safari browser included on the iPad doesn't have Flash -- just like the iPhone. That's a huge hindrance. How does Apple think it can get away with no Flash? Did it bake HTML5 in and forget to tell us about it?

2. No camera. A user-facing camera to enable video conferencing and/or video chats was high on the list of features expected. It doesn't have one.

3. No multitasking. It appears that even though Apple has re-jiggered iPhone OS to work on this device, it still can't run background processes. That's a huge detractor.

4. No Verizon. The 3G wireless service that comes as an option with the iPad is not being provided by Verizon Wireless. It is being provided by AT&T. Man, can AT&T handle it? We know the scorecard there.

5. No widescreen display. The 9.7-inch IPS display may be capable of showing HD movies, but it doesn't match the 16:9 standard screen dimension that many of today's devices conform to.

6. No Mac OS. The iPad runs a new, in-house built processor that Apple calls the A4. It clocks in at 1GHz. That appears to be just fine for iPhone OS, but the iPad doesn't run the more capable, full OS X, which is what would have really set the device on fire.

7. No GPS. The iPad has an accelerometer for a great gaming experience, but no GPS. That means Google Maps is going to have to rely on 3G and/or Wi-Fi to locate the iPad. So much for replacing your smartphone.

8. Enough storage. I realize that the iPad can sync content with iTunes and users can add/remove content at will, but 64GB (max size) is just not enough. Not enough for the games, movies and music I'd want to carry around.

9. Removable Battery. The iPad follows the footsteps of Apple's iPhone and newer laptops in that it doesn't have a user-removable battery. So much for bringing a spare for flights that last more than the 10-hour rated battery time.

10. No HDMI. How is it possible that Apple would skip an HDMI port for easy compatibility with today's HDTVs? Stunning, in my book.

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...PSKHWATMY32JVN

Maybe during the SUPERBOWL commercial we can bash both Iphone and the new "IMAXIPAD" hahahhaahhahahahahahaha
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    wow, it doesnt have any of that stuff?
    I'm definitely not worried about the new iphone 'beating' the droid...
    honestly, i dont know what they were thinking
    got eris: 12/24/09
    returned eris: 12/28/09
    got droid: 12/31/09
    rooted droid: sometime in january (right after it was released (manually))
    bb->2.1 sbf->desire rom> 2.1bb> 2.2
    got incredible as warranty replacement 8/31/10
    shattered inc screen 9/25/10-> got insurace replacement 10/4/10
    broke inc screen 10/19/10-> got warranty replacement 10/22/10
    got moto droid 1 off ebay 1/7/11
    broke inc screen 5/26/11-> got insurance replacement inc2 5/27/11
    sold inc2 & bought vzw 16gb iphone 4 6/9/11
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Yes, bad SADLY thousands of people will pre-order this POS just like every other Apple product and tout it's "greatness".... and then next year (or later this year) they will GLADLY buy the iPad2 (or whatever BS name they give it)...

That's what I really don't get about Apple users... Apple is notorious for sh!tting on their customers and they just keep coming back for more (look at how many idiots, sorry I mean users bought at least 2 iPhones just to get capabilities that SHOULD have been in their previous phone).... But hey, that's how they have sales exceeding $40 Billion...
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    its an absolute joke that apple is calling it revolutionary.

i rather just wait half a year until they come out with a slightly improve version, and see if its worth buying.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid owner since 2/15/10
    This reminds me of the hype leading up to the Segway. When it was announced yesterday I told my wife without 3G this thing is a non starter. I didn't realize it was lacking so many other things that should just be a given. And considering about 80% or more of the web now has some sort of Flash this thing is dead to me.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus: Sourcerized
    You have some bad information. The 3G will work with any carrier except T-Mobile. it is not limited to AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Team Sourcery!

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Its basically a big ass ipod touch.. lol
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cam View Post
    You have some bad information. The 3G will work with any carrier except T-Mobile. it is not limited to AT&T
    That really doesn't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    Yes, bad SADLY thousands of people will pre-order this POS just like every other Apple product and tout it's "greatness".... and then next year (or later this year) they will GLADLY buy the iPad2 (or whatever BS name they give it)...

That's what I really don't get about Apple users... Apple is notorious for sh!tting on their customers and they just keep coming back for more (look at how many idiots, sorry I mean users bought at least 2 iPhones just to get capabilities that SHOULD have been in their previous phone).... But hey, that's how they have sales exceeding $40 Billion...
    Yes, some of Apple fanboys will run out and get the iPad. But it is still a disappointment, even to the apple community. I have been an Apple fan since they released the first iPod. I was really looking forward to seeing the tablet and picking one up. This release was a huge disappointment to everyone, including Apple fans.

The great thing is regardless of how lacking the iPad is, it will still create enough talk to have other companies produce an affordable tablet to compete.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droooid
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmvr6 View Post
    And the 3G version is just a big iPhone that can't make phone calls.
    Last edited by papy72; 01-28-2010 at 07:22 AM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW GS3
    Quote Originally Posted by papy72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmvr6 View Post
    And the 3G version is just a big ass iPhone that can't make phone calls.
    And on AT&T its an even bigger brick than the iPhony!
    Erik
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links