DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iPad is Announced!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    it will be jailbroken considering it's using Apple OS 3.2... and then it will have multitasking. but why apple leaves this out of its products boggles my mind
  2. dos
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I know my husband was a little let down when he heard about what went down at the Apple press event. He has a iPhone 3gs and was hoping for some rumored 4.0 update with multitasking. I have to say I see no reason for the iPad in our house. If we travel, we just watch movies on our phones, at home use phone or laptop. I would rather buy a Kindle for books and save the extra cash.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dos View Post
    I know my husband was a little let down when he heard about what went down at the Apple press event. He has a iPhone 3gs and was hoping for some rumored 4.0 update with multitasking. I have to say I see no reason for the iPad in our house. If we travel, we just watch movies on our phones, at home use phone or laptop. I would rather buy a Kindle for books and save the extra cash.
    I have a feeling this will be released at macworld expo, supposedly held feb 9th -13th... that is there the first iphone showed up, it's only fair it be the place where the next one comes out.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid FTW
    First of all it sounds like something I would wipe my butt with. Second of all its to big to carry around. So if you can't carry it around that easily, why not get a laptop?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yea... this was all dissapointing. I also think that the rumors of a verizon Iphone being revealed today, might have come from the same sources that said android 2.1 update was coming the 22nd.

And look............. you know... I absolutely love my droid so honestly at this point I'm not that dissapointed they didnt anounce any verizon Iphone. However I was looking forward to such an anouncement, Thinking maybe this new verizon Iphone might have some updates or improvements over the current Iphone. Maybe even a higher res screen a bit more customization opptions. You know, just maybe some things that might compete a little better with the droid.

Now while I am completely happy with my droid, it still would have been a great feeling knowing that, if I did want an Iphone, I would soon have the option of poping in to my local verizon store and picking one up.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k3ith29 View Post
    Yea... this was all dissapointing. I also think that the rumors of a verizon Iphone being revealed today, might have come from the same sources that said android 2.1 update was coming the 22nd.

And look............. you know... I absolutely love my droid so honestly at this point I'm not that dissapointed they didnt anounce any verizon Iphone. However I was looking forward to such an anouncement, Thinking maybe this new verizon Iphone might have some updates or improvements over the current Iphone. Maybe even a higher res screen a bit more customization opptions. You know, just maybe some things that might compete a little better with the droid.

Now while I am completely happy with my droid, it still would have been a great feeling knowing that, if I did want an Iphone, I would soon have the option of poping in to my local verizon store and picking one up.
    Well everyone was stating that the tablet was going to be sold by verizon, that's why everyone figured that the iphone for verizon would be right around the corner. Unfortunately that is not what happened. Apple made the same stupid mistake they did with the iphone and went with AT&T for the 3g service. That not only makes me want one less, it makes me hate apple for not having the gall to tell AT&T to piss off. AT&T was the worst thing that apple did, and for some reason they have yet to see this.

At this point it doesn't surprise me though, they didn't even both to add a real operating system to the tablet, which makes it worthless. NO FLASH? Are you kidding me? What happened to the best web browsing experience? Sorry but my experience requires flash.

The size of it is horrible and nasty, this is no better then a netbook are you kidding me. I can fit a netbook in many places that the tablet would never fit, and i can do a heck of alot more with a netbook then with that thing. OOOOO 499$ for the lowest model, glad this has less space on it then my 1st gen zune. I guess people think the consumers are just stupid now adays, that they lost complete sense of anything.

Seems this is just the latest thing that apple has managed to not listen to ANYONE on. It's almost as if they hear everything that everyone wants, and they do the complete opposite and say.. PSH... F you guys.. we will do what we want, and you will buy it.. because we are apple, and you are dumb.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by RW-1 View Post

Totally TRUE.

Since it is not a phone, it is basically a smaller portable laptop.

But diehard apple fanboys will grab 'em up anyway.
    What's really funny is on one of the iPhone forums I still visit, they feel the same way: disappointed.

I think Apple really dropped the ball on this one. Now, if it was running an altered version of OSX (not the iPhone OSX, the legit one), I'd say that's pretty awesome and would consider it. However, as it stands now, it's a jumbo iPod Touch. Do not want.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Completely and utterly useless. I've given apple numerous chances at creating a device I would use and enjoy, but not only did they fail at this, they have killed what little respect I had left for them. Why would anyone in their right mind make this? It's not a laptop, a phone, or even portable for that matter... the ****ing PSP's were more useful than this. It's a joke.

But yes, fanboi's will eat this up, and then have to force themselves to enjoy it and find ways to make it better than any other product out there... Still not sure how they managed to do that with the iPhone.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by bass_lover1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by droidfannd View Post
    I thought it was awesome that during the demonstration of the NYtimes.com webpage during the press conference...it was immediately clear that the iPad doesn't have Adobe Flash.
    Of course it doesn't, and probably never will. Most say it's because Flash doesn't run well on a Mac, but really it's because Apple doesn't like the idea of a developer circumventing the app store. And we all know how much Apple likes to be in control of their devices.

And to be honest, I'm not really that impressed with it. It's a giant iPod Touch, wooooooo.
    @bass_lover1: It's a glorified iphone.The iphone fanboys can hopefully hang over their necks like a big CLOCK and show it off.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyanks View Post
    it will be jailbroken considering it's using Apple OS 3.2... and then it will have multitasking. but why apple leaves this out of its products boggles my mind
    @wuyanks: it's all about control,the cavemen are not ready for multitasking yet,just like replacing the battery.
    Don't you all get it.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links