DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So does the Droid lack power compared to the iPhone?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

So does the Droid lack power compared to the iPhone?

Browsing through the app store, I noticed all the games were pretty much non 3D and looked like the games I could have got through Verizon on my Chocolate 2 years ago. While the iPhone on the other hand has games with at least n64/PS1 graphics. Not trying to bash the droid, just curious if its cause there are no 3D developers for the droid yet or because the phone can't handle it.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It took iphone 3, 4 years to get where it is now. When iphone os was as old as android it was about the same. But yea cool apps for iphone should come to droid as most non 3d apps. Its a matter of developers droid can do what iphone does.
    DROID DOES
    "There is DOES and IDONT no try."
    You get the idea--- DROID DOES
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    My concern is, the iPhone has been updated software wise for those 3-4 years. Software wise, the original iPhone looks pretty much like the 3GS. Granted there has been some hardware changes that have made newer versions faster, but the original iPhone can use all the apps(except those limited by hardware) the new one can.

I want to know if the Droid will be like that too or what? Will I still have a use for the Droid in 1-2 years or will it be so far behind the times? I don't want a new Android OS to require a new processor etc...
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHawkWhoLived View Post
    My concern is, the iPhone has been updated software wise for those 3-4 years. Software wise, the original iPhone looks pretty much like the 3GS. Granted there has been some hardware changes that have made newer versions faster, but the original iPhone can use all the apps(except those limited by hardware) the new one can.

I want to know if the Droid will be like that too or what? Will I still have a use for the Droid in 1-2 years or will it be so far behind the times? I don't want a new Android OS to require a new processor etc...
    If you don't want the open pc like architecture that Android provides versus the closed controlled Apple crap that Steve Jobs has, then the Droid or any of it's cousins using the Android OS may not be for you. As the prior post stated, Android is in it's infancy as compared to the Apple phone, and I feel moving very fast. The resolution that the screen on the Moto Droid has is better than what the iPhone is capable of.

Not sure why anyone would want to spend hours playing games on such a small screen to begin with. It stresses your eyes, which in the long term damages the muscles in your eyes.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Droid is only 3 months old.It will take time but it is as powerful as the Iphone is
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    As for hardware, the Droid is just as capable as the iPhone if not more. The problem is the software.

The iPhone has the attention of professional game developers and companies, some even with serious (for a mobile phone game) budgets. There's many third-party 3D game engines and other such libraries that make 3D game development easier for the iPhone.

The Android platform just isn't mainstream enough to get such attention... yet. Android phones capable of more than basic polygons came out just last year. 3D gaming will come. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 (GPA 17)
    They are in the works. You have to realize the Droid has only been out about 3 months and until the Droid came out most good game devs (like Gameloft) did not see any market for their games. Now with 1+ million Droids sold and more all the time you will see some really nice games in a few months.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Yeah- I'm looking to get a verizon account and am thinking the same thing!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    How the hell did you find this thread? Much less bump it...
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    EDIT: ^WOW, I went to respond to another post here and noticed its a year old....lol.
    Last edited by cpjr; 01-26-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links