DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why you should go with an iPhone instead of a Droid.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Why you should go with an iPhone instead of a Droid.

For anyone out there that might be considering the purchase of a Motorola Droid, don't do it. It used to be a great phone with great functionality and easy to use apps. However, in September 2011 Motorola put out an update for the entire operating system of the phone and the functionality has totally changed - for the worse. I don't even feel like I am using my phone anymore. More like I am borrowing someone else's phone with my contacts in it. It's more complicated and less user friendly. I have been trying to get used to it... but it's been almost a month now and I have come to the conclusion that it's not the phone I wanted or sought out in the first place, a little over a year ago.

I used to be an iPhone owner/user, 3GS. I loved the phone but hated AT&T. I fussed around with a friend's DroidX after finding myself fed up with AT&T's bad service and made the switch to a Droidx. But I cannot overcome this new software update. It has ruined my phone and I find myself looking at it with disdain now. I hate it. Everyone I know hates it.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    droid x2 on 2.3.4 atrix port
    Quote Originally Posted by SicScribe View Post
    For anyone out there that might be considering the purchase of a Motorola Droid, don't do it. It used to be a great phone with great functionality and easy to use apps. However, in September 2011 Motorola put out an update for the entire operating system of the phone and the functionality has totally changed - for the worse. I don't even feel like I am using my phone anymore. More like I am borrowing someone else's phone with my contacts in it. It's more complicated and less user friendly. I have been trying to get used to it... but it's been almost a month now and I have come to the conclusion that it's not the phone I wanted or sought out in the first place, a little over a year ago.

I used to be an iPhone owner/user, 3GS. I loved the phone but hated AT&T. I fussed around with a friend's DroidX after finding myself fed up with AT&T's bad service and made the switch to a Droidx. But I cannot overcome this new software update. It has ruined my phone and I find myself looking at it with disdain now. I hate it. Everyone I know hates it.
    This is a Droid forum lmao, for every Droid horror story there's a 1000 success stories... just saying

Liberated X2
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2 , bionic
    who is this crazy person posting bad on the only and #1 smartphone consumer the droidians vs apple jacks wtf get off our page and go play with ur 3g apple , 41 mbps download 13 upload lmao hahah
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2 , bionic
    have x2 and bionic both phones our sweet but ill be rocking maybe razor soon also pay cash right out
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1676 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Thread moved..............
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Twitter
    @NexusICS1978
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Get a Nexus.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Samsung
    Galaxy Nexus
    Rom all of them
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung CHARGE
    Ya... Its personal preference... There are a million forums... Try rooting your phone and putting on custom roms... It will be a ton times better... And thats coming from many iphone users...

***GUMMYCHARGED***
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by SicScribe View Post

Can you be more specific, what exactly is wrong with your phone. I know at least 3 people with the Droid X2 and they love it.
    "There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't."
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1676 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    OP I too came from the iphone and its a nice device. But ios in my opinion is boring. Also you can not judge android based on the d1. The d1 is 2 years old and in 2 years android has evolved for the good. D1 offered one phone, one choice, one experience (unless you rooted). Now We have more oems who have thrown their hats in the ring and these devices are awesome. I have played with the iphone 3gs, iphone 4, iphone 4s. I have an itouch and it sits in the corner collecting dust because my phone does what it needs for it to do. If you want an iphone then you can get a 4 and a 4s from vzw. But you really can not base your opinion of android off your experience with the d1 alone. Android devices now are exceeding our dreams when we had the d1 2 years ago. The d1 has a slower processor with less ram than a lot of the newer phones and the improvements have increased the speed and responsiveness by a lot.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    So... Are you asking for help? Or are you just complaining? We could all sit around complaining in forums but would that get us anywhere? No.
    If you ask, I'm sure lots of us would be willing to help you get back to the old version but simply complaining isn't going to get you anywhere.

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links