DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW Iphone just set a record in Verizon!!!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

WOW Iphone just set a record in Verizon!!!

here is the article.

Verizon Reports Record IPhone Launch - Forbes.com

man, I dont know whats going to happen to Android now.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 4g LTE
    Wow, they sold out fast. I personally don't see the appeal of the iPhone, but it doesn't surprise me that they went that quickly. I think that the Android will give the iPhone a run for it's money for a long time though.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    That is AWESOME....and it will be replace in less than 6 months with the new Iphone....wow....lots of people thinking this through huh?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 4g LTE
    The quick turnaround for the Iphones coming out one after another after another is a big part of why there's no appeal to me

Quote Originally Posted by nerdslogic View Post
    That is AWESOME....and it will be replace in less than 6 months with the new Iphone....wow....lots of people thinking this through huh?
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    I hear that. I don't like iphone's. I almost got one but then I stopped at the VZW store and played with one of the reps Droids.....never looked back. In fact I have converted 4 now....4 iphone owners to Android owners....it's really not that difficult.
  7. UNC
    Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4
    Quote Originally Posted by cambrosio View Post
    The quick turnaround for the Iphones coming out one after another after another is a big part of why there's no appeal to me
    This doesn't make sense... don't you use android? Apple released 1 phone last year... Motorola released atleast 7 android devices on Verizon alone last year. Devour, X, D2 (and R2D2), D2G, DroidPro, Citrus.

Also, if you buy an iPhone you are guaranteed to get support for the full 2 years... you will have the newest OS and all. With android, you may never get an upgrade. (Looks at Devour and Cliq)
    You call me names, I call your Mom!!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 4g LTE
    I mean on a particular handset. To me if i'm going to pay that much for a phone I want it to be around for a bit before they release an upgraded version of said phone. It would irritate me in a very big way if I bought the iphone 4 on vzw and then within a year the iphone 5 came out.

Yes I use Android now, and I know that they release a ton of android devices, but with so many different ones out there I was able to pick the one that suited me. With the iphone I feel like they are beating a dead horse. (I know my thinking doesn't make sense to all; but it makes sense to me.)

Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post
    This doesn't make sense... don't you use android? Apple released 1 phone last year... Motorola released atleast 7 android devices on Verizon alone last year. Devour, X, D2 (and R2D2), D2G, DroidPro, Citrus.

Also, if you buy an iPhone you are guaranteed to get support for the full 2 years... you will have the newest OS and all. With android, you may never get an upgrade. (Looks at Devour and Cliq)
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    impressive
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)

Stock, Unrooted Jelly Bean 4.1.1 goodness
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidx
    Personally I wouldn't. Own an iphone for one reason. Apples app approval crap. Basically I bought the phone let me decide what apps I want to put on it. Not what apple finds should be put on it.

the devil made me do it
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid2
    I mean on a particular handset. To me if i'm going to pay that much for a phone I want it to be around for a bit before they release an upgraded version of said phone. It would irritate me in a very big way if I bought the iphone 4 on vzw and then within a year the iphone 5 came out.

Yes I use Android now, and I know that they release a ton of android devices, but with so many different ones out there I was able to pick the one that suited me. With the iphone I feel like they are beating a dead horse. (I know my thinking doesn't make sense to all; but it makes sense to me.)

Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post

while i dont think really anyone here agree's with job's way of telling everyone what they want by only offering one product they do have a good schedule set up

1. late spring/summer new iphone and ios version drop - this is when you buy your phone
    2. 1 year later system repeats with new phone and ios version - you are able to update to new ios version
    3. 2 years after phone purchase new phone and ios version drop - your phone is not guaranteed to update to new ios version but your contract is up so you get the new phone with the new ios
    4. continue to repeat cycle

oh and btw, droid1 released nov 9th 2009 if i remember correctly and the droid2 released august 12th 2010 i believe which if you realize are 9 months apart....

im glad apple is selling well on verizon, means more competition to push android and google harder to develop more quality software that outshines iOS. its been proven in other countries where the iphone is already on more then one carrier and android still has more sales
    Last edited by gonnadie4thegov; 02-05-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links