DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: WOW Iphone just set a record in Verizon!!!

  1. Master Droid
    knighthonor's Avatar
    Member #
    157976
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    291
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    WOW Iphone just set a record in Verizon!!!

    here is the article.

    Verizon Reports Record IPhone Launch - Forbes.com

    man, I dont know whats going to happen to Android now.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    cambrosio's Avatar
    Member #
    165483
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Az
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 4g LTE
    #2
    Wow, they sold out fast. I personally don't see the appeal of the iPhone, but it doesn't surprise me that they went that quickly. I think that the Android will give the iPhone a run for it's money for a long time though.
  4. Droid Sensei
    nerdslogic's Avatar
    Member #
    139756
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    2,541
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    #3
    That is AWESOME....and it will be replace in less than 6 months with the new Iphone....wow....lots of people thinking this through huh?
  5. Droid
    cambrosio's Avatar
    Member #
    165483
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Az
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 4g LTE
    #4
    The quick turnaround for the Iphones coming out one after another after another is a big part of why there's no appeal to me

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdslogic View Post
    That is AWESOME....and it will be replace in less than 6 months with the new Iphone....wow....lots of people thinking this through huh?
  6. Droid Sensei
    nerdslogic's Avatar
    Member #
    139756
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    2,541
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    #5
    I hear that. I don't like iphone's. I almost got one but then I stopped at the VZW store and played with one of the reps Droids.....never looked back. In fact I have converted 4 now....4 iphone owners to Android owners....it's really not that difficult.
  7. UNC
    UNC is offline
    Droid Ninja
    UNC's Avatar
    Member #
    26618
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fayettenam,NC
    Posts
    1,359
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cambrosio View Post
    The quick turnaround for the Iphones coming out one after another after another is a big part of why there's no appeal to me
    This doesn't make sense... don't you use android? Apple released 1 phone last year... Motorola released atleast 7 android devices on Verizon alone last year. Devour, X, D2 (and R2D2), D2G, DroidPro, Citrus.

    Also, if you buy an iPhone you are guaranteed to get support for the full 2 years... you will have the newest OS and all. With android, you may never get an upgrade. (Looks at Devour and Cliq)
    You call me names, I call your Mom!!
  8. Droid
    cambrosio's Avatar
    Member #
    165483
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Az
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 4g LTE
    #7
    I mean on a particular handset. To me if i'm going to pay that much for a phone I want it to be around for a bit before they release an upgraded version of said phone. It would irritate me in a very big way if I bought the iphone 4 on vzw and then within a year the iphone 5 came out.

    Yes I use Android now, and I know that they release a ton of android devices, but with so many different ones out there I was able to pick the one that suited me. With the iphone I feel like they are beating a dead horse. (I know my thinking doesn't make sense to all; but it makes sense to me.)

    Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cambrosio View Post
    The quick turnaround for the Iphones coming out one after another after another is a big part of why there's no appeal to me
    This doesn't make sense... don't you use android? Apple released 1 phone last year... Motorola released atleast 7 android devices on Verizon alone last year. Devour, X, D2 (and R2D2), D2G, DroidPro, Citrus.

    Also, if you buy an iPhone you are guaranteed to get support for the full 2 years... you will have the newest OS and all. With android, you may never get an upgrade. (Looks at Devour and Cliq)
  9. Master Droid
    regkilla's Avatar
    Member #
    80511
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    bay area, California
    Posts
    615
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #8
    impressive
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)





    Stock, Unrooted Jelly Bean 4.1.1 goodness
  10. Droid
    d3vilfish's Avatar
    Member #
    167581
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    nevada
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    droidx
    #9
    Personally I wouldn't. Own an iphone for one reason. Apples app approval crap. Basically I bought the phone let me decide what apps I want to put on it. Not what apple finds should be put on it.

    the devil made me do it
  11. Master Droid
    gonnadie4thegov's Avatar
    Member #
    43244
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    453
    Phone
    Moto Droid2
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cambrosio View Post
    I mean on a particular handset. To me if i'm going to pay that much for a phone I want it to be around for a bit before they release an upgraded version of said phone. It would irritate me in a very big way if I bought the iphone 4 on vzw and then within a year the iphone 5 came out.

    Yes I use Android now, and I know that they release a ton of android devices, but with so many different ones out there I was able to pick the one that suited me. With the iphone I feel like they are beating a dead horse. (I know my thinking doesn't make sense to all; but it makes sense to me.)

    Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cambrosio View Post
    The quick turnaround for the Iphones coming out one after another after another is a big part of why there's no appeal to me
    This doesn't make sense... don't you use android? Apple released 1 phone last year... Motorola released atleast 7 android devices on Verizon alone last year. Devour, X, D2 (and R2D2), D2G, DroidPro, Citrus.

    Also, if you buy an iPhone you are guaranteed to get support for the full 2 years... you will have the newest OS and all. With android, you may never get an upgrade. (Looks at Devour and Cliq)
    while i dont think really anyone here agree's with job's way of telling everyone what they want by only offering one product they do have a good schedule set up

    1. late spring/summer new iphone and ios version drop - this is when you buy your phone
    2. 1 year later system repeats with new phone and ios version - you are able to update to new ios version
    3. 2 years after phone purchase new phone and ios version drop - your phone is not guaranteed to update to new ios version but your contract is up so you get the new phone with the new ios
    4. continue to repeat cycle

    oh and btw, droid1 released nov 9th 2009 if i remember correctly and the droid2 released august 12th 2010 i believe which if you realize are 9 months apart....


    im glad apple is selling well on verizon, means more competition to push android and google harder to develop more quality software that outshines iOS. its been proven in other countries where the iphone is already on more then one carrier and android still has more sales
    Last edited by gonnadie4thegov; 02-05-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Someone is already using a Verizon iPhone?
    By coondogg97 in forum Non-Android Smart Phones
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 12:57 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 03:38 AM
  3. Verizon to get iphone after all?
    By ljprevo in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 10:11 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 06:08 PM

Search tags for this page

android-recorder eoe

,

how to record on lg vortex

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+