DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Help- What can the Iphone 4 do that the Droid X cant do?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Unhappy Please Help- What can the Iphone 4 do that the Droid X cant do?

I need some help. My super visor is a hardcore Mac fan, and my coworkers seem to be followers of him, even though they donít know anything about hardware and software.

So itís basically 1 vs 6 when it comes to these massive debates.

My super visor says the IP4ís processor is better than the Droid Xís processor, and that he can prove it because he can draw and create 3D art using his 3D graphics editor App.
    But how does that prove its processor is more powerful than the Droidís? I couldnít find any 3D graphic Editor apps on the Android Market to shut him up, so I guess that all felt victorious in that 4 hour debate.

But what is it, truly, that makes the Iphone4 better than the Droid X? Only thing I see better is the number of Apps, but thatís not Hardware related.
    Can Droid X handle 3d Graphics editors?
    What is it that iPhone4 do that Droid X cant also do?
    I heard the Iphone 4 cant run Flash, but Droid X can, but my Super Visor said, nobody wants Flash not even Apple, because it mess up the Security of the phone, making it easy to hacks.

Is this true? If so, is the Flash really an asset to the Droid X? if so, what makes it a positive?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy nexus
    lol, everyone with an iphone will tell you that flash is trash, until they get it. i know the iphone has two camera, the droid x only has one.

i have had no problems with flash on my X. videos play crisp thru Dolphin.

i also think with the iphone, you can text and talk or talk and browse the web at the same time. im not sure, never used an iphone before.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAxX 2.3.6
    I believe with the iphone through verizon you will not be able to browse and talk at the same time unlike the AT&T version of iphone...the X can do both.

and iphone has its own proprietary "flash" type capability but content for the iphone is still limited to the istore and the like, I believe...
    Last edited by Horch it; 01-12-2011 at 01:59 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by timrock View Post
    i also think with the iphone, you can text and talk or talk and browse the web at the same time.
    That depends. Through AT&T I believe you can, but with the iPhone coming to Verizon, the way Verizon has their network, you won't be able to do that on Verizon with the iPhone.
    Last edited by j1d10t; 01-12-2011 at 02:01 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Horch it View Post
    I believe with the iphone through verizon you will not be able to browse and talk at the same time unlike the AT&T version of iphone...the X can do both.

and iphone has its own proprietary "flash" type capability but content for the iphone is still limited to the istore and the like, I believe...
    It's the network that controls data and voice and being able to use both at the same time or not. On Verizon's network (CDMA) you can't use data and be on the phone at the same time. On AT&T's network (GSM) you are able to use data and be on the phone at the same time.

Therefore:

iPhone4 (AT&T): Yes, you can use data and voice at the same time.
    iPhone4 (Verizon): No, you can not use data and voice at the same time.
    Droid X (Verizon): No, you can not use data and voice at the same time.
    Common Misconception:
    Leaving your GPS on drains battery.
    Truth is: GPS is only used when you open an application that requires it. You can leave GPS toggled on at all times.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    so what makes Iphone4 processor stronger and more powerful than Droid X?

I super visor says, Droid X cant run 3D Graphics Editors but Iphone4 can. why is this?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    No, the cpu's are almost the same. Iphone has front camera, WAY smaller screen-3.5" vs. 4.3".
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    The iPhone 4's screen resolution is also insanely better, much more pixels, smaller screen. processors are about the same.

iPhone is generally more fluid-smooth with things like screen switching, etc.
    This is ONLY because everything in it is built specifically for it (processor, screen, multitouch sensor, software), whereas the Droid X (Android), the software is more like Java, where it is built to run on an infinite amount of differenty spec'd devices. This allows for a vast array of features, like USB ports, HDMI ports etc, but does hinder a very small bit in the "feel" of smoothness going through menus and other things.

Overall, both phones are great at what they do, both have positives and negatives. I say show off your positives when he shows off his lol
    Samsung Fascinate
    EC01 Debloated
    1.3 GHz VooDoo kernel
    Mix of themes
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    I agree the iphone has a crisper screen, BUT, that's not to say the X's is a slouch by any means. It's very clear and plenty sharp for me. And, with 22% larger screen, it's hard to go back to a 3.5"er after having the X.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuzagang5 View Post
    The iPhone 4's screen resolution is also insanely better, much more pixels, smaller screen. processors are about the same.

iPhone is generally more fluid-smooth with things like screen switching, etc.
    This is ONLY because everything in it is built specifically for it (processor, screen, multitouch sensor, software), whereas the Droid X (Android), the software is more like Java, where it is built to run on an infinite amount of differenty spec'd devices. This allows for a vast array of features, like USB ports, HDMI ports etc, but does hinder a very small bit in the "feel" of smoothness going through menus and other things.

Overall, both phones are great at what they do, both have positives and negatives. I say show off your positives when he shows off his lol

whats the positives I should know about?
    we have Bigger screen, flash (but he say thats not a positive), what else?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links