DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What Will You Expect from the 1.11.11 Meeting?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Announcement of 4g Pricing

8 14.81%
  • The Announcement of the iphone

36 66.67%
  • The Explanation of Recent Changes [14 day returns, etc..]

1 1.85%
  • A Blueprint/ leftovers from the CES Event.

0 0%
  • Really Dont Care

9 16.67%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Expectations Of Verizon's "Rule The Air" Meeting 1.11.11 @ 11AM

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    See, I have had only positive interaction with Apple. Their warranties have been amazing on the only times I've had to use them. I had ONE pixel go out on my iPod Touch that was 18 months old. I had AppleCare on it. Took it in, they immediately got me a brand new, refurbished (and refurbs from Apple truly are like new) iPod Touch with no questions asked. When I have had questions about software, always gotten excellent help and never left with a problem unresolved.
    Yeah, but your apple "care" is $100 and only an extended warranty. maybe that doesnt really mean much with an ipod, but with the iphone, its a complete joke. and if you have no warranty, youre SOL. my ipod was 1-2 months out of warranty, and it took a dump on me. i called apple CS to ask them a question about something that i'd heard might fix the issue...they wouldnt even listen to my question. i literally argued with them for over an hour! they kept saying something like "$39,99 per question"...i was astonished. eventually i annoyed them enough to give me a good enough answer. this is just 1 out over well over 100 things that i hate about apple's business model...no CS for life. never in my life, except with computers, have i been told that i cannot get CS for something i purchased. that freakin ipod cost me $350!! it should come with CS for life. and even when ive been out of a Dell warranty, i at least can get some questions answered. maybe no warranty repairs, but theres SOME kind of support. talking about this gets me too fired up, i gotta stop
    HOKIE
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ry View Post
    and even when ive been out of a Dell warranty, i at least can get some questions answered. maybe no warranty repairs, but theres SOME kind of support.
    LOL, have you dealt with Dell CS recently? Because I'm not sure that holds true anymore after they basically gutted their home/personal CS support.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Yeah, but your apple "care" is $100 and only an extended warranty. maybe that doesnt really mean much with an ipod, but with the iphone, its a complete joke. and if you have no warranty, youre SOL. my ipod was 1-2 months out of warranty, and it took a dump on me. i called apple CS to ask them a question about something that i'd heard might fix the issue...they wouldnt even listen to my question. i literally argued with them for over an hour! they kept saying something like "$39,99 per question"...i was astonished. eventually i annoyed them enough to give me a good enough answer. this is just 1 out over well over 100 things that i hate about apple's business model...no CS for life. never in my life, except with computers, have i been told that i cannot get CS for something i purchased. that freakin ipod cost me $350!! it should come with CS for life. and even when ive been out of a Dell warranty, i at least can get some questions answered. maybe no warranty repairs, but theres SOME kind of support. talking about this gets me too fired up, i gotta stop
    If you're out of warranty, you're out of warranty. Period. That's the same with most every company. Tried calling customer service for Microsoft and getting free help?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    and even when ive been out of a Dell warranty, i at least can get some questions answered. maybe no warranty repairs, but theres SOME kind of support.
    LOL, have you dealt with Dell CS recently? Because I'm not sure that holds true anymore after they basically gutted their home/personal CS support.
    no, not recently. i actually purchased their like 4-5 year extended warranty lol. glad i did too. this thing never gave me any problems. but as the years went on, i spilled various crumbs over the keyboard. i guess it built up and the "N" key stopped working. i could feel some junk under there. called up dell, they shipped me a new keyboard, overnight, to my hotel cause i was on a business trip...that was pretty sweet. but on my old inspiron 9100, i didnt have any complaints about out-of-warranty CS...and i did call it a few times.
    HOKIE
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    If you're out of warranty, you're out of warranty. Period. That's the same with most every company. Tried calling customer service for Microsoft and getting free help?
    no, thats NOT the same. im not talking about repairs, im talking about CUSTOMER SERVICE. Im a customer...i deserve service. NEVER been a problem with anything else ive ever bought...EVER.
    HOKIE
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    no, thats NOT the same. im not talking about repairs, im talking about CUSTOMER SERVICE. Im a customer...i deserve service. NEVER been a problem with anything else ive ever bought...EVER.
    And I will ask my question again, how much have you dealt with Microsoft?
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Oh and I've always seen the customer service rules quite prominently on the website and in the literature for the devices. It's been spelled out very well.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    And I will ask my question again, how much have you dealt with Microsoft?
    ive never had to contact microsoft...ive never had a problem. are you refering to windows or micro software? does that kind of stuff even come with warranties? its not like its really tangable. i mean, you could have a faulty disc, but thats not really what gets you the software, the key is.
    HOKIE
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    I'm talking about Microsoft customer service for their software. Again, where is the customer service and such not spelled out with Apple?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    Oh and I've always seen the customer service rules quite prominently on the website and in the literature for the devices. It's been spelled out very well.
    for apple? well, that just means theyre not necessarily trying to scam people. im not accusing them of that. its the fact that they decided on these policies that pisses me off. i bought my ipod at best buy. and while im sure the warranty info was somewhere in the package, i seriously doubt it said anywhere that they charge $40 for questions. if by chance it did, im sure it was in 3pt font.
    HOKIE
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Links