DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: White iPhone on the Apple site

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member

White iPhone on the Apple site

This is interesting. I remember it being a big deal about the iPhone not being available in white. Well, just perusing the Apple site tonight, guess what is showing up? A white iPhone. I swear I didn't hear anything about that finally being available, and it doesn't show up on the AT&T site.

I don't know, maybe just a coincidence, but the timing is interesting. A rumored Verizon release and the oft rumored white iPhone finally showing up.

I have to admit, I'm kinda anxious for Tuesday. Mary really wants this phone and with all of my iTouch and iPad apps, would give her a great head start. And a new tech toy to play with.

Has anyone else heard about the white version showing up before now?
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    JK I seriously been hearing rumours that apple is redesigning their os. I lost a bet to my brother and I was going to buy him an iphone 4 for christmas (he is a big apple fan...he has an iphone, macbook pro...and me and him jokingly go back and forth) and he said hold up that rumors are that apple did not like that they did not get the sells they expected. The galaxy (captive) took more customers then apple expected and therefore they may be redesigning the ios for the iphone 5. So it will be interesting to see if that is the case...because lets be honest it does not take long to spray paint a case white and you would think they would have released the white iphone for christmas.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    JK I seriously been hearing rumours that apple is redesigning their os. I lost a bet to my brother and I was going to buy him an iphone 4 for christmas (he is a big apple fan...he has an iphone, macbook pro...and me and him jokingly go back and forth) and he said hold up that rumors are that apple did not like that they did not get the sells they expected. The galaxy (captive) took more customers then apple expected and therefore they may be redesigning the ios for the iphone 5. So it will be interesting to see if that is the case...because lets be honest it does not take long to spray paint a case white and you would think they would have released the white iphone for christmas.
    I would have thought so, too. But the white iPhone I saw wasn't a rumor. It is actually up on the Apple website now. Plus, the new Mac OS is dropping early summer. I will bet for an early revamp of the iPhone and iPad OS as well. But like I said, the white iPhone is actually listed on the Apple website now. No rumors on this one.
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    I would have thought so, too. But the white iPhone I saw wasn't a rumor. It is actually up on the Apple website now. Plus, the new Mac OS is dropping early summer. I will bet for an early revamp of the iPhone and iPad OS as well. But like I said, the white iPhone is actually listed on the Apple website now. No rumors on this one.
    if you talking about this: Apple - iPhone 4 - View photos and images of iPhone 4 I want to say that has been up there...I may be wrong but when I asked my bro about getting him the white i4 i showed him that or a similar picture.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    That's exactly it. Let me know what he says. I honestly don't know why in the hell you would want a white phone but apparently a lot do.
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    That's exactly it. Let me know what he says. I honestly don't know why in the hell you would want a white phone but apparently a lot do.

Well the thing was he was thinking that the white would be out by now..but rumors, keyword here is "rumors", are that the white iphone hold up may either be for verizon initial release OR may be the so called "iphone 5". He is waiting like the rest of us. Personally just as with any device since you gonna want to put a case on it to protect it I can care less what color it is.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    The pics in white have been up since the iphone4 release, just listed as unavailable.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member

Well the thing was he was thinking that the white would be out by now..but rumors, keyword here is "rumors", are that the white iphone hold up may either be for verizon initial release OR may be the so called "iphone 5". He is waiting like the rest of us. Personally just as with any device since you gonna want to put a case on it to protect it I can care less what color it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    The pics in white have been up since the iphone4 release, just listed as unavailable.
    Thanks, I hadn't really noticed that on the Apple site before so wasn't sure if it was new or not. Thank you fro the clarification.

Links