DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon iPhone. Jan/Feb 2011 Release *Rumor*

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    I bleed green...... : )

Sent from Droid
    You should really get that checked out

tappin and a talkin
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I think Verizon will shoot it's own foot with the iPhone. All that $ they poured into android will be wasted as I read that 2/3 of Verizon's customers say they will switch.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I don't know where this "2/3's of Android users would switch to the iPhone" comes from. It's speculation.

I know many people who did buy an Android phone because the iPhone wasn't available on VZW but are now in love with the operating system and will not go to an iPhone.

I'm sure there will be many who would switch, but 2/3's? Those numbers and reports come from iPhone centralized sites/blogs.

We will lose soldiers... but not our whole army
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    Since my droid started to crap out on me this past weekend, I decided to check on vzw.com to see what replacement options I have. When I clicked on smartphones, on the drop down for operating systems, they have one for apple and one for iOS, though they are both grayed out.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I think the vast majority of people who have used an Android phone, especially the higher end models, and have taken the time to truly figure them out will indeed stick with Android. For the people who don't know better, I admit the iPhone is the sexier pick. I don't think Android will lose nearly as many people as people expect them too. In the short amount of time they have been around they have gained a very loyal following. I think you will see a HUGE number of people switching from the at&t iPhone to the VZW iPhone though. That demographic will make up the biggest chunk of iPhone purchases IMO. I won't be surprised to see Android take a little dip in the 1st and 2nd quarters, if these rumors prove to be true, but I fully expect them to rebound. Not to mention Android has their heavy hitters lined up to go head to head with a VZW iPhone. I look forward to seeing what this competition brings about. Again this is all speculation for now.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Here's the big thing with the iPhone...SIMPLICITY. It's the same way with MAC OS and other apple products, people like them because they're not complicated to work, all your apps are right in front of your face. If you really think this through, not everyone is wanting to "customize" their phones to the max like we do. Yes, i will admit that the iPhone/iPod has it's advantages (such as TapTap, and damn do I love to steal my roommate's iPhone to play it), but Android won't really have to step it up to overpower the Apple empire. Android is reaching toward similar concepts that mimic the iPhone's simplistic style but change it up a bit and make it look better. Let's face it, you can't get any cleaner than the iPhone's homescreen, you can't. Even the MIUI ROM that I have loaded on my Droid now mimics the exact style that the iPhone uses, and it's just as good. Needless to say, if the iPone DOES come to Verizon...
    1. I won't be switching. Google (litterally) owns my life. Gmail, Calendar, Phone, Voice, etc.
    2. The people who will be frolicking over the iPhone will be AT&T customers, people who don't know the full effects of Android, and Apple fanboys who love Verizon's coverage.
    3. The market for Android will still be on top of Verizon's list. No way in hell will the iPhone tower over Android on Verizon's network at this point.

Oh, and that is all Go Android, or GO HOME.
    DROID X: Liberty 0.8 |Kernel: Not Stock| Baseband: |
    HTC EVO: UnrEVOked | Baseband: 1.39.00.04.26 | Kernel: 2.2 rooted | (owned by my grandfather who passed recently )

Droid > iPhone > Blackberry. 'nuff said.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by megawatz View Post

Oh, and that is all Go Android, or GO HOME.
    I like this
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    This article states that 47% of AT&T customers will consider switching to verizon for the iphone and 51% of Verizon customers would buy an Iphone. That is a HUGE market share and it will take a massive chunk out of the smartphone market.

1 in 3 AT&T iPhone customers will ditch for Verizon variant

I'm more worried about the effects on the network that the Iphone will have. If half of all verizon customers are on data-hogging iphones will we be plagued with the same problems as AT&T's network now?

It will be interesting.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    I wouldn't give up android though. I just don't know if my droid will make it to the new year whenn all tyhe new phones come out or if I should just get a d-inc now. My touch screen is craping out.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    51% percent of VZW customers.... I think that's a stretch.

I forsee a lot of AT&T iPhone users coming to VZW and obviously a good amount of VZW customers going to the iPhone, but not 50%....
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Links