DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verizon to go iPhone Article

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge

Verizon to go iPhone Article

One of the mobile tech sites I visit had this article about mid way down. Although I highly doubt VZ would go with Apple, it's all about the $$$.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I didn't read the article, but according to my source, VZW is supposed to have an iPhone in 2010. I thought that was common knowledge.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Story is basically that Verizon is "prepared" to handle the iPhone, should Apple end its exclusivity contract with ATT. That's like me saying that my parking space is "prepared" for a Ferrari, if they would like to send me one.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Actually nothing has been confirmed by Apple or Verizon. It's pretty much speculation at this point. There has been more evidence to it being a possibility but nothing more than that.

I was someone who once wished Verizon would get the iPhone but since the release of the Droid I really don't care much.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by A.C.Sanchez View Post
    Story is basically that Verizon is "prepared" to handle the iPhone, should Apple end its exclusivity contract with ATT. That's like me saying that my parking space is "prepared" for a Ferrari, if they would like to send me one.
    LOL!! That was great!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    I only find it hard to believe that VZW would have the iPhone because of the iron will of both companies. Neither likes to have terms dictated to them by others.

But other than that, there is no reason they wouldn't want to work together. It means big money for them both. The only question left is... which one (if either) blinks first and yields to the other in order to get the deal done.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    After the marketing campaign that Verizon has used for the Droid, I find it hard to believe that Apple will move over to Verizon.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    It is more about how far AT&T is willing to go to keep them exclusive and less about a Verizon/Apple agreement. A figure is possible because a lot of people on AT&T would jump over, so you wouldn't simply get all new revenue potential and exponential growth. There would definitely be an increase in sales but a figure is possible if AT&T truly wants to keep them exclusive. I say this because AT&T is more desperate for Apple than Verizon. Without Apple, AT&T would be a doormat. Without Apple, Verizon still battles.

The number would have to be a reflection of the estimated revenue that Apple would get from Verizon and AT&T would be willing to pay because they will lose out on a tremendous amount of revenue without the exclusiveness of Apple.

That being said if Apple hopped on over to Verizon, I would no doubt consider them as a viable option for purchase in the future (as well as a Blackberry, WinMobile or an Android device).
    Last edited by LordKastle; 12-22-2009 at 09:44 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidGenius View Post
    I was someone who once wished Verizon would get the iPhone but since the release of the Droid I really don't care much.
    Agreed! 100%

Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    After the marketing campaign that Verizon has used for the Droid, I find it hard to believe that Apple will move over to Verizon.
    Yeah, I can't see Apple forgiving Verizon for its "iDon't" commercials.
    Laurence MacNeill
    Mableton, Georgia, USA
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    I think once Apple see's what Verizon has done with Droid sales and the number of customers that have switched to Verizon for the Droid and better network Apple is going to be all over Verizon as soon as they can get out of their agreement with AT&T. The big question is will it be too late, just look at what beta tapes did in the 80's against VHS by being exclusive to Sony. Beta was better format but VHS got all the market share by supporting everyone early.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links