DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [WARNING] Not another iPhone thread! Say it isn't so!

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1567 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member

[WARNING] Not another iPhone thread! Say it isn't so!

Yes I know not another iPhone thread but I feel this is one worthy of posting since this topic has been HOTLY debated among a lot of members here including myself.

We like these speculation threads dont we? lol

Well if we are going to speculate lets bring something pretty revealing to the table shall we?

Sanjay Jha (Co-CEO of Motorola) said that there will potentially be a new “competitive dynamic” developing at Verizon Wireless — Motorola’s premier carrier partner in the U.S. — in the first quarter next year that could have a significant negative impact on Motorola’s first quarter.

To me that reads iPhone. Yes I said it : ) didn't think it would happen next year and it still may not but what else could he be talking about? I don't see any other manufacturer/handset as a threat.

I hope nobody will call me out on saying I would allow people to tie me to a post and throw tomatoes at me if the iPhone came out next year on VZW's network : )
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I wasnt going to say anything...but I heard 1 feb.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    I heard about this earlier today, I don't think its that outlandish anymore. The game is going to be shifted a lot in q1 regardless, it will be interesting to see what affect this will have on the market if its true.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    It wouldn't matter to me either way - if anything it will cause companies like Moto to step it up a notch

5. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    It was inevitable! The dollars that VZW and Apple will generate are just to tempting not to make the device available on the best network (Big Red).

It will be fun to watch the discusion on why we should leave Android of iOS.
    Forgive your enemies it messes with their minds!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X - just upgraded :)
    You wont hear much until after the first of the year because apple is still under an exclusive contract with AT&T until the end of December and could face legal action if they announced the iphone for other carriers as it would constitute a breach of that contract.

I think you will see a lot of cool exciting phones (yes possibly even the iphone 4g) coming to Verizon very soon, but only time will tell.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    There is no try, only do or do not -
  7. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1567 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post
    It wouldn't matter to me either way - if anything it will cause companies like Moto to step it up a notch
    Doesn't matter to me either way as well. I don't care for the iPhone. Great device but not for me.
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    This is what I think will happen, those that wanted the iphone along will drop or upgrade to iphone. I think android made themselves known. Lokk on At&T where the iphone 4 was exclusive and yet a lot of people chose the Samsung Captive. Its gonna bring unhappy AT&T iphone users to verizon and could spell the end to Cingular/At&t. But we all seen the writing on the wall. If At&t had another exclusive deal with apple they would not have been pumping android devices on their network.
    So I wont say i told you so CK.
    And to people who are feeling sick like the world is coming to an end just calm down because competition is going to bring better devices.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I think only at first will this hurt sales for Moto and Android as a whole. I for one think this is going to be great for all consumers, whether you want an iPhone or an Android phone. Nothing like a good competitive battle to spur manufactures to create the best possible product for the user. I have made it known I am a big fan of Apple products but I don't see myself switching to the iPhone if this is indeed what the OP is about. Android will survive the initial wave of sales and will come back strong.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    iPhone is a great device for those who like it, I however am not one of them.

I do think the iPhone on VZW is going to hurt the Android lineup we see in the future. I think we'll see Sprint and T-Mobile with the premier handsets first (and possibly only them).... I can't see Apple playing nice on Verizon.... just not how they do business.

I hope I'm completely wrong. I really do.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links