DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preparing for Tuesday

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Preparing for Tuesday

I just ordered my Droid this morning. I expect it will arrive on Tuesday.

I am taking some time to familiarize myself with the discussions on this forum and others.

I began walking the smartphone path with S60 devices many years ago. Nokia 6600 was to start, and Nokia N80 a while back.

Most recently I have had a few iterations of the RIM 8300 series devices. It was not by choice so much, I would have preferred to stick with the Symbian OS, but RIM was the only reasonably smart phone available when I switched to Alltel a couple years ago.

But now my Alltel is Verizon and I have my yearly upgrade discount. No brainer. Goodbye RIM and your mediocrity.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Welcome...You will not miss anything you left behind...
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Welcome, hope the Droid lives up to your expectations.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm expecting it to be a severe upgrade from my 8330.

I can't stop reading this forum. I can't seem to do anything but read about the phone I don't have yet. Couple more days.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorala Droid
    I too am waiting for Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday. They said two days, ordered it on Saturday. So im guessing Wednesday it comes. Very excited. Reading this forum has helped get me ready.

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    A lot of folks called the Droid an iPhone-killer when they first reviewed it -- frankly, I think it could've been called a Blackberry killer. I don't know anyone who's switched from the BB to the Droid who hasn't been happier with the Droid.
    Laurence MacNeill
    Mableton, Georgia, USA
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Spend that time reading up on the little tips and tricks. There is a learning curve, not a big one. You need a file manager and a few apps to get you set up. Check out what apps people are using and what they'll do for you. Memory is handled different than your use to. I don't use a task killer, some do. At first I had one. But I saw soon enough it wasn't needed. Hope you enjoy the Droid.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman2220 View Post
    Spend that time reading up on the little tips and tricks. There is a learning curve, not a big one. You need a file manager and a few apps to get you set up. Check out what apps people are using and what they'll do for you. Memory is handled different than your use to. I don't use a task killer, some do. At first I had one. But I saw soon enough it wasn't needed. Hope you enjoy the Droid.
    I've read about a task-killer not being needed. I quit using one for awhile, but now I'm back. Not because the Droid didn't work without one -- it worked fine. I just couldn't stand not knowing what tasks were running in the background. So I guess it's a control thing for me -- I want the extra control a task-killer gives me.

But there are plenty of tasks that you shouldn't kill off, too. I don't kill every task running in the background, just games that "paused" instead of "exiting" when I quit. Oh, and the Marketplace, too -- it seems to keep running in the background, and is unneeded when you're not actively searching for apps to download. But that's pretty much it as far as the tasks that I kill off...
    Laurence MacNeill
    Mableton, Georgia, USA
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    When I checked out (also on Saturday), it indicated that i was getting free overnight shipping. The order status suggests 2 or 3 days.

I am operating under the assumption that it will be shipped overnight tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by xmscott View Post
    I too am waiting for Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday. They said two days, ordered it on Saturday. So im guessing Wednesday it comes. Very excited. Reading this forum has helped get me ready.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Final BlackBerry duty; Checking my package's tracking status every 5 minutes until it arrives sometime before 4:30 this afternoon.

My wife was asking if she wanted me to have the Droid wrapped for Christmas. I told her she could wrap it if she wanted but that I would only wait 3 minutes before I opened it. Not a chance that I could wait 4 minutes, let alone until Friday.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links