DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: New member in Cali

  1. Super Moderator
    furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Member #
    78594
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Posts
    10,371
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    #21
    Well, rooting is a choice you make for yourself. But I will say that if you're going to do it, do it soon. When Gingerbread hits OTA on the D2 (and it will), you might not be able to root. Every time an update hits, plugging the holes is priority number 1.
  2. Master Droid
    Canadroid's Avatar
    Member #
    120276
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    276
    Phone
    Moto D2
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal
    Well, rooting is a choice you make for yourself. But I will say that if you're going to do it, do it soon. When Gingerbread hits OTA on the D2 (and it will), you might not be able to root. Every time an update hits, plugging the holes is priority number 1.
    In my uneducated opinion it would be foolish of the powers that be to close the root exploit window on D2 devices, considering the steam Android has right now....

    Then again we're talking about Corporations here...

  3. Junior Droid
    shugar's Avatar
    Member #
    138504
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sapporo, JP & California, USA
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    #23
    You can see how un-informed I am by my response.
    Hmmm well, I won't lose anything by trying it out... Guess its time to do deeper research. Besides... gotta ask my Google insider if he has heard any rumors.
  4. Rescue Squad
    spaz33g's Avatar
    Member #
    113637
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    orange county, ca
    Posts
    6,388
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by shugar View Post
    You can see how un-informed I am by my response.
    Hmmm well, I won't lose anything by trying it out... Guess its time to do deeper research. Besides... gotta ask my Google insider if he has heard any rumors.
    Google insider insight is always welcome

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  5. Junior Droid
    shugar's Avatar
    Member #
    138504
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sapporo, JP & California, USA
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    #25
    I totally wanna pick his brain... but I would feel really horrible and dirty afterward.
  6. Master Droid
    Canadroid's Avatar
    Member #
    120276
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    276
    Phone
    Moto D2
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by shugar View Post
    You can see how un-informed I am by my response.
    Hmmm well, I won't lose anything by trying it out... Guess its time to do deeper research. Besides... gotta ask my Google insider if he has heard any rumors.
    A Deep Throat contact at Google?

    You'd better keep that asset close to your chest or your PM box here is going to implode and down a small country's internetz somewhere!

  7. Super Moderator
    furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Member #
    78594
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Posts
    10,371
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by shugar View Post
    I totally wanna pick his brain... but I would feel really horrible and dirty afterward.
    You should see my Droid Forums App signature.

    "This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain."
  8. Junior Droid
    shugar's Avatar
    Member #
    138504
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sapporo, JP & California, USA
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shugar View Post
    You can see how un-informed I am by my response.
    Hmmm well, I won't lose anything by trying it out... Guess its time to do deeper research. Besides... gotta ask my Google insider if he has heard any rumors.
    A Deep Throat contact at Google?

    You'd better keep that asset close to your chest or your PM box here is going to implode and down a small country's internetz somewhere!
    Hahahaaa maybe. But who is gonna believe that I have any influence over the guy anyways? To get anything out of him, I will have to find some sort of weakness. Hmm...
  9. Junior Droid
    shugar's Avatar
    Member #
    138504
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sapporo, JP & California, USA
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shugar View Post
    I totally wanna pick his brain... but I would feel really horrible and dirty afterward.
    You should see my Droid Forums App signature.

    "This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain."
    Oooh... you are NOT making me feel any better about this!
  10. Master Droid
    Canadroid's Avatar
    Member #
    120276
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    276
    Phone
    Moto D2
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by shugar View Post

    Hahahaaa maybe. But who is gonna believe that I have any influence over the guy anyways? To get anything out of him, I will have to find some sort of weakness. Hmm...
    Haha, you may be new, but I'm sure everyone here has full faith in your abilities.

    (Use ---> )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New Cali droid user..with ??'s
    By calidroid in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 01:11 AM
  2. New member here
    By Taboot in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 06:06 AM
  3. new member
    By dcounts28 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 06:04 AM
  4. Hello. New Member
    By hpNYR in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 06:12 PM
  5. New Member
    By romoshka in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 05:48 AM

Search tags for this page

calidroid 7

,

salt life wallpaper for droid x

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+