DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Hi (very orginal)

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    A855

Hi (very orginal)

My name is George, and I am new to the forum.

Quite frankly despite a long history with the use of technology, I have stalled. I used mainframe computers in the late 60s and had one of the first pcs marketed. However over the past several years, I have fallen behind particularly in the area telephones. I just recently purchased a Droid to replace my Razr. I like the Droid very much because of the many applications. But there are some things that are a bit less functional than the Razr, at least I think so. Being a novice I can't say for sure.

Right now I dissatisfied with calendar function. It just does not fit my way of working. I use the calendar more like an alarm. I set future appoinntments and events with the desire that the calendar notification alert me to them with an audible and persistent tone. I also like to set advance notifications for an event more finely that the Droid calendar permits. My Razr allowed custom advance notificatons. All of this is important to me, and I am trying without success to resolve the matter.

But I digress. Here I simply want to thank all of the people who try to educate people like me. I use thes forums elsewhere and find people to be very kind and helpful. So thank you to all of the experts and novices alike who make this experience satisfying.

George
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    to the Forum

There are alternatives to the native calender app within Android

Jorte and Pure Calender to name a few, the stock calender works for what I need so I can't really give you details on how these third party calender apps work, but I have heard good things

3. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Welcome! The stock calendar will allow you to set notifications for any appointment. For a new appointment open the app, tap menu, tap more, tap new event, set reminder. For an existing appointment open the app, scroll to the appointment, long press (press and hold) on the appointment and a window will open, change or set the reminder.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    A855

Smile Thanks

Thank you so much for responding, and so quickly. I downloaded the Gemini calendar app several days ago. But it is really just a new face on the same calendar that came with the Droid. I am going to investigate your suggestions. I depend on my calendar and the alarm is not a good substitute. Thank you for helping.

George
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    A855
    Thanks, yes I use the calendar but it does not act as a reliable alarm (persistent & reliable notification), and the alarm app is not a good substitute for what I need. Thank you.

Links