DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: REALLY new guy

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

REALLY new guy

Hello folks. I am not only new to Droid 2 but also new to smart phones in general. I am going to have lots of questions so I will thank you in advance for both your assistance and your patience.

My first question has to do with the relationship between contacts in the Droid 2 and those in the online Backup Assistant.

Using the online Backup Assistant I added a photo to my wife's contact info. After doing syncs from both the BA and my phone the photo did not show up on the phone. I added a different photo from my phone's SD card to my phone's contacts and it worked. After I forced a sync from my phone, however, the new photo did not replace the one in BA. Any ideas?

3. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Welcome! I used back up assistant when I had a flip phone. I'm not sure how or if you can migrate to your Droid.

The contacts in Gmail are easily synced with your Droid. Perhaps this link Search results - Gmail Help may help.

Links