DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid Noob

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Droid Noob

Hi,
    Just picked up my Droid 2 on Wednesday. I wouldn't say I'm a power user, but I would say I'm pretty dang phone savvy. I went into the Verizon store hoping and praying that they would have the X in stock, but they did not (foolish to even hope, I know). I needed a phone (yes, needed lol) that day, so I went with the Droid 2 knowing that a co-worker had the Droid 1 and was really happy with it. Being a (formerly) loyal Berry user for the past four years, it took me a while to get used to it. Now, though, I'm in love with the OS. It's fantastic. One thing I'm not in love with, though, is the Droid 2 itself. Not a fan of the keyboard. Motorola claims that it's more intuitive than the Droid 1, I think it's anything but. Having to hunt for stuff all the time. I did enable Swype, which... is amazing. Seeing as I'm not really going to be using the physical keyboard, though, I did shoot a message off to the associate who sold me the phone to order me up an X, which I can't WAIT to get. If I'm going keyboard-less, may as well go with the best Droid that's available right now, not to mention the improved specs overall. Hopefully I'll hear something back from him soon. Anyhow. Just wanted to say "Hi, I'm Proletariat, and I'm a (new) Droid addict".
  2. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Welcome! I have the Droid 1 but I use the touch screen keyboard. Glad you joined us but a word of caution the forum is as addictive as your phone

Mike

Links