DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New Droid

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Motorolla

New Droid

I'm trying to get some info about synicng contacts. I'm having some trouble. Any experts out there?

3. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Welcome! Are you using Gmail for you contacts? Do you have multiple accounts? Are you able to sync any of you contacts?

Mike
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Motorolla
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Welcome! Are you using Gmail for you contacts? Do you have multiple accounts? Are you able to sync any of you contacts?

Mike
    Thanks for the reply. I have three email accounts on my phone. gmail, hotmail and my corporate. Everything was fine until I add the corporate, it syncd all my contacts from outlook on my phone so I had several duplicates. I deleted the corporate and re-added it w/o the contact sync. Now when I add a contact it asks me which email account I want to associate it with which it's never done before and it wasn't updating my facebook contacts so I deleted the fb sync and re-establishied it, finally I got all my FB pictures associated with contacts, but now when I add a new contact even though it's says I'm sync'd with FB it won't update my phone with their FB information.

Sorry, I'm new to this forum...not even sure if I replied correctly
  5. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    I do not use FB so I can't say how that may be impacting your issue. Based on personal experience I have issues with my corporate email which is Exchange. I use two different email apps. K9 for Gmail and corporate for Exchange. I solved my contact issues by migrating my contacts in Exchange to my Gmail account. Once in Gmail everything syncs perfectly. I still have my contacts in my Exchange account by in my contact settings I did not sync Exchange.

Mike
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Motorolla
    Ok, thank you very much for the info.
  7. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    I do use Facebook and I have to say that I am having the same problem here lately. I think it is a problem with Facebook. Most of the time the Facebook app sucks, just a word to the wise. I never rely on it anymore. I either go in through the browser on my phone or the computer.

But to answer your question about your contacts in FB, its a FB issue not your phone.

Welcome to the Forums!!!
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Motorolla
    Thanks for the info, I was wondering if it was FB.

Links