DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: hello from Central California

  1. Junior Droid
    HiTechRedNeck73's Avatar
    Member #
    97572
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    hello from Central California

    My name is Dave, I've been a computer tech since PC JRs / Model 30s, and this is my first "real" smartphone. I been a junky of the iPAQs and finally put down my H5550 for the motorola droid just a couple of months ago. now, I'm making plans to develop a few apps. some background... I'm still running XP and Vista on my desktops, ubuntu and android on my netbook, making an android build for my H5550, and my droid.

    well, expect good things from me...
  2. Super Moderator
    Corinacakes's Avatar
    Member #
    5472
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    5,033
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #2
    to the forum Dave. What kind of apps are you developing?
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!




    If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  3. Junior Droid
    HiTechRedNeck73's Avatar
    Member #
    97572
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Corinacakes View Post
    to the forum Dave. What kind of apps are you developing?
    right now, I'm toying with a few ideas. but I'm open to suggestions. I'm not looking to say a whole lot until the copyrights are in place. but you guys will be one of the first to know...
  4. Master Droid
    Bullitt6996's Avatar
    Member #
    81503
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lameville, USA
    Posts
    285
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    D3 Mav 4.0
    #4
    You should develop an app in which you can issue a slap to folks via the cam. lol. I wish I could juggle code well enough to write it myself. Welcome aboard, I'm in Hanford, what part o the desert you in?
    Last edited by Corinacakes; 08-02-2010 at 03:59 AM.
  5. Junior Droid
    HiTechRedNeck73's Avatar
    Member #
    97572
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt6996 View Post
    You should develop an app in which you can issue a slap to folks via the cam. lol. I wish I could juggle code well enough to write it myself. Welcome aboard, I'm in Hanford, what part o the desert you in?
    I must admit, that does sound amusing... so how would you want that? take a pic of the person, then add a slap, and email or mms it to them? lol, its good... lol

    I'm in Visalia. howdy neighbor.
    Last edited by Corinacakes; 08-02-2010 at 04:00 AM.
  6. Super Moderator
    Corinacakes's Avatar
    Member #
    5472
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    5,033
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck73 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corinacakes View Post
    to the forum Dave. What kind of apps are you developing?
    right now, I'm toying with a few ideas. but I'm open to suggestions. I'm not looking to say a whole lot until the copyrights are in place. but you guys will be one of the first to know...
    Great! I'm looking forward to seeing your work. Good luck!
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!




    If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  7. Master Droid
    Bullitt6996's Avatar
    Member #
    81503
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lameville, USA
    Posts
    285
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    D3 Mav 4.0
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck73 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt6996 View Post
    You should develop an app in which you can issue a slap to folks via the cam. lol. I wish I could juggle code well enough to write it myself. Welcome aboard, I'm in Hanford, what part o the desert you in?
    I must admit, that does sound amusing... so how would you want that? take a pic of the person, then add a slap, and email or mms it to them? lol, its good... lol

    I'm in Visalia. howdy neighbor.

    Howdy back! So if you have a D1, there is a way to get the Froyo without rooting. .. I did it tonight, love it, no problems. I found it on Droidlife, but if you google it, you'll find it with detailed OTA and PC Instructions.
  8. Junior Droid
    HiTechRedNeck73's Avatar
    Member #
    97572
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt6996 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck73 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt6996 View Post
    You should develop an app in which you can issue a slap to folks via the cam. lol. I wish I could juggle code well enough to write it myself. Welcome aboard, I'm in Hanford, what part o the desert you in?
    I must admit, that does sound amusing... so how would you want that? take a pic of the person, then add a slap, and email or mms it to them? lol, its good... lol

    I'm in Visalia. howdy neighbor.

    Howdy back! So if you have a D1, there is a way to get the Froyo without rooting. .. I did it tonight, love it, no problems. I found it on Droidlife, but if you google it, you'll find it with detailed OTA and PC Instructions.
    thanks for the heads up about froyo... I actually installed it tonight as well. the install was text-book, but it didn't reset the phone to factory as expected. my contacts and all installed programs were intact. 1st impression is good. I like that they added more desktops to utilize, but I miss the slide up bar for apps... that was growing on me. I don't seem to be getting all that others have said as far as performance. maybe because of my apps not being blown away... I may reset to factory and reinstall everything. just one click to install from appbrain, so it couldn't hurt...

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hello All From Central Illinois
    By race2c in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 03:53 AM
  2. Hi from Central MA
    By BlueOwl in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 10:40 PM
  3. Greetings from Central Florida
    By amf57 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
  4. New from Central IL
    By hammer3882 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 08:16 AM
  5. New here from central cal, + 2 Questions
    By blueyes13@gmail.com in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Find us on Google+