Switching to Verizon + Droid soon
I'm currently a Centennial customer in a long term contract, looking to switch to Verizon sometime within the next month or so. I'm excited to get either the Droid, Incredible, or Droid 2.
I was going to have to pay the $250 ETF, but I'm going to switch from Centennial to AT&T, which will nullify my Centennial contract and start a new AT&T contract. I can cancel the AT&T within 30 days and avoid paying the ETF.
I'm looking into my options. I'm holding out for now to see when the Droid 2 will be coming out. I don't want to buy the Droid 1 only to find out that the Droid 2 will be coming out 40 days later (10 days past the 30-day trial available at Verizon). So I'm waiting until at least July 24th to dive in, as it will be just under 30 days to the rumored August 23rd release date for the Droid 2.
If anyone has any advice on that, for a first time Verizon/Droid customer, it would be greatly appreciated.