DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Original Droid vs Droid X

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Cool Original Droid vs Droid X

Hi, I'm new here and need advice... I broke my Motorola Droid this week and had to claim insurance. I have a brand new Droid sitting here and haven't activated it yet. Why? I've researched the Droid X and think it's a better phone for me. I never use the keyboard and prefer touch screens and hate the bulk of the Droid.

Should I sell my brand new Droid and try and get Verizon to let me upgrade to the Droid X? Or just live with my new/old Droid and wait for the next generation of Droid when my contract comes due (18mo). My Droid really is brand new, not refurbished, I was lucky. I took it to the Verizon store and they verified it was new.

I am going crazy without a phone and need to decide soooon! In the 6 mos. I've owned it I cracked the glass (which didn't hurt it), but the charging port broke (which was under warranty) but
    because of the crack it was voided. Too delicate of a phone for me. My biggest complaint is that I can't put it in my pocket (too bulky). The Droid X looks much thinner.

I realize the Droid X is not out yet but I'll find an old phone and wait if it's worth it. Verizon may settle the matter my not letting me upgrade 2x in 6 months even though I'm willing to sign on for 2 more years.

Thanks...
    sma222
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sma222 View Post
    Hi, I'm new here and need advice... I broke my Motorola Droid this week and had to claim insurance. I have a brand new Droid sitting here and haven't activated it yet. Why? I've researched the Droid X and think it's a better phone for me. I never use the keyboard and prefer touch screens and hate the bulk of the Droid.

Should I sell my brand new Droid and try and get Verizon to let me upgrade to the Droid X? Or just live with my new/old Droid and wait for the next generation of Droid when my contract comes due (18mo). My Droid really is brand new, not refurbished, I was lucky. I took it to the Verizon store and they verified it was new.

I am going crazy without a phone and need to decide soooon! In the 6 mos. I've owned it I cracked the glass (which didn't hurt it), but the charging port broke (which was under warranty) but
    because of the crack it was voided. Too delicate of a phone for me. My biggest complaint is that I can't put it in my pocket (too bulky). The Droid X looks much thinner.

I realize the Droid X is not out yet but I'll find an old phone and wait if it's worth it. Verizon may settle the matter my not letting me upgrade 2x in 6 months even though I'm willing to sign on for 2 more years.

Thanks...
    sma222
    You will probably have to pay full retail. Expect it to be in the range of 500-700.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    You do know that you are really saving only 60$ if signing for 2 years , don't you ? And if you want to cancel , to get a new phone , you have to pay 350$ early termination fee
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    I would be shocked if the let you upgrade twice that soon.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but I just don't see that as something that will happen.

Maybe if you were at least at the one year mark, you might new able to get the one year pricing but even that I doubt.
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.

Links