DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen...

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Android

Ladies and Gentlemen...

I just wanted to post really quick to introduce myself. My name is Mike. I'm 28, live in Westchester and work in Manhattan. I am the proud owner of a new Motorola Android and have to say that I am not only impressed, but completely and utterly hooked.

I first purchased the Droid Eris (read "SUCK") from Verizon as part of my "New Every 2". I had the EnV2 prior. The Eris was garbage, giving me rediculous errors from day on. On day 22, I brought it back to verizon. Essentially, I received the Motorola Android for nothing, have two $100 rebates coming in the mail, and the guy fully refunded money that I didn't even spend back to my debit card... So basically, when all is said and done, Verizon essentially paid me approx $150 to upgrade from the Eris to the Android.

I must say, I thought the Eris was pretty cool (when it worked) but the Android beats it like a red headed step child. I can't wait for Kernel 2.2 to drop. I hear that it might occur on 6/24/10 for those in the NY Metro area. Any confirmation of this? I can't believe how fast it is now, and cannot wait to see it going 2-5 times faster. My friends with IPhones are beyond jealous. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I look forward to participating in this forum. Thank you.

Mike C
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Welcome to the forums..

2.2 AKA froyo is avail now if you root not saying you should but thid forum is full of helpful people if you decide to make the jump
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    to the Droid Forums. FYI, the Eris was discontinued today.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by justin82 View Post
    Welcome to the forums..

2.2 AKA froyo is avail now if you root not saying you should but thid forum is full of helpful people if you decide to make the jump
    FYI, Froyo (Android v.2.2) was just released today and your phone should soon prompt you to perform a system update!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...

Welcome to the forums..

FYI, Froyo (Android v.2.2) was just released today and your phone should soon prompt you to perform a system update!
    Uh what? The official OTA?

from Tapatalk widget
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    xhaxol
    Phone
    G Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by armeddroid View Post
    Welcome to the forums..

Uh what? The official OTA?

from Tapatalk widget
    i think it was just the source code.
    joined AA (android anonymous). Turns out the program feeds my addiction rather than squelch it. I dont mind though
    OG Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Droid Incredible, HTC Thunderbolt, and Now The Android Phone, The Galaxy Nexus
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai26 View Post
    Welcome to the forums..

That just means it's open for developers. Motorola has to make it work for the Droid.

It's no indication of an immediate release.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai26 View Post
    Welcome to the forums..

source code only... not OTA that will be mid summer

hook beat me to it..
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Android
    Can anyone tell me where I have to go to change my user icon, sig, etc? I've been looking and cannot locate. Thanks in advance.

In regards to rooting, I probably won't be doing that right now.

Glad to hear that they discontinued that POS Eris... I literally had it for 22 days and was like, "Hell to the No"...
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    go to quick links on top of browser everything you need to do is there

Razr maxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links