DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New Member

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Hi, My name is Justin im 23, and Ive been a Droid owner for around 7 months. Up to this point I have not rooted, and my phone is currently a little laggy. Im looking to root my stock 2.1 and learn more about my phone. The idea of a faster, more customized phone, and longer battery life is enticing me!

DroidForums has by far been the most informative site out there, and slowly but surely im building up confidence to follow through and root my baby!
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chaver03 View Post
    Hi, My name is Justin im 23, and Ive been a Droid owner for around 7 months. Up to this point I have not rooted, and my phone is currently a little laggy. Im looking to root my stock 2.1 and learn more about my phone. The idea of a faster, more customized phone, and longer battery life is enticing me!

DroidForums has by far been the most informative site out there, and slowly but surely im building up confidence to follow through and root my baby!
    to the Forum, Justin. There is a lot you can do with the Droid, I would like to caution you on expectations of longer battery life. If anything when you root and overclock a Droid it's liable to give you a shorter life. I personally have not seen much of a difference.

Anyway they are fun to play with so make yourself at home. Glad to have you on board.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    Welcome home! LOL

Rooting has it's advantages and I will tell you my favorite thing is overclocking. This will speed up your Droid and will decrease your battery life at the same time. SetCPU is your friend at that point....this app will allow you to overclock your device to the specified kernal that you download. You can setup profiles to allow a certain percentage of speed kernal speed at certain points throughout the day. It's niiiiice!

Network Administrator by day/ Xbox Freak by night
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I still manage to get a full day's use (moderate to heavy) on a full charge. Never required a mid day charge.

Happy Droidin'!
  5. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Welcome! Glad you joined us. If you are considering rooting I suggest that you read, read, and read some more. If you decide to join those of us on the "dark side" print out the instructions, read through, make notes, and make sure you have everything in place. If you have problems at any point post a thread and someone will respond and help you through.

Here is a link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...ot-unroot.html to a good starting place.

Mike
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for all your ideas and support! Yesterday I took the big step, and rooted my droid. So far so good, I did my research, read a LOT, and I didnt run into any major issues. I'm now running BuglessBeast v1.1, and I can tell some of the lag has gone, so far, my battery is lasting a tad longer it seems.

Now i just have to read up more about kernels, overclocking, and updating my baseband... as well as getting custom themes ^_^

Links