DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ignorance is NOT always Bliss..... (sigh)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid firmware 2.1-update1

Ignorance is NOT always Bliss..... (sigh)

A friendly hello to everyone I'm delving into the completely Unknown territory of a Motorola Droid phone. I've taken on the task in order to help a friend with his phone. Unlocking/flashing for use with different carriers is at the top of my "need to figure out how to do it" list. I also need to get an idea of what's available to do with/to this phone? Personally I've an iphone and am Mac to the core. I'm pretty familiar with jailbreaking and it's jargon. But the bit of research I've perused for the Droid, has left me feeling quite the ignorant noob! lol So if some kind soul here will point me the right direction, maybe offer a quick summation of key pointers....etc. They will be the recipient of my most abundant sincere gratitude!! Just as a note: I have to say I am pretty impressed with what I've seen of the Droid so far. And I'm Looking forward to learning what it can do. And hopefully I've come to the right place to do just that Kindest regards to all!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by TMountainHigh View Post
    A friendly hello to everyone I'm delving into the completely Unknown territory of a Motorola Droid phone. I've taken on the task in order to help a friend with his phone. Unlocking/flashing for use with different carriers is at the top of my "need to figure out how to do it" list. I also need to get an idea of what's available to do with/to this phone? Personally I've an iphone and am Mac to the core. I'm pretty familiar with jailbreaking and it's jargon. But the bit of research I've perused for the Droid, has left me feeling quite the ignorant noob! lol So if some kind soul here will point me the right direction, maybe offer a quick summation of key pointers....etc. They will be the recipient of my most abundant sincere gratitude!! Just as a note: I have to say I am pretty impressed with what I've seen of the Droid so far. And I'm Looking forward to learning what it can do. And hopefully I've come to the right place to do just that Kindest regards to all!
    Welcome, if you need live help click the link in my sig and request some help!
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    to the Droid Forums. If your Mac has boot camp and Windows you'll be OK. If you have a virtual machine like I do, well, you better find a PC somewhere. You can do almost the entire procedure on your Mac. There is a small piece of it that needs to be done on a PC and that's using RSD Lite to add SPRecovery.

I see you already have somebody volunteering to help. Come back if you do need additional assistance.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

My sincere gratitude!! lol

Thank you to both replies!! Thank you As for the Mac/PC issue. I have a bare bones PC running XP that I can (try) to use lol. Hopefully that will suffice. I'm heading to the live help link right away. Is there anything that I can download or have ready before I get there? You guys are awesome!! Thanks again
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Welcome.

PC running XP??? Aww man, by the time I type this, u will probably already be rooted..

XP is probably the least problematic, trouble-free OS to use for this.
    Last edited by jroc; 06-14-2010 at 01:32 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    welcome to the forums... if you need any help pm me i will be glad to walk you through all the steps..it is easy...
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Okay the Stupidity reference most likely applies to me ATM. j/k Ha Ha But, am I going to need a USB cord to connect directly to the PC? (Which I don't have since I just picked up the phone last night--ugh) Or can it be done via WiFi or Bluetooth? thanx
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Thank you to both replies!! Thank you As for the Mac/PC issue. I have a bare bones PC running XP that I can (try) to use lol. Hopefully that will suffice. I'm heading to the live help link right away. Is there anything that I can download or have ready before I get there? You guys are awesome!! Thanks again
    Once you get there add Diordna as a friend, and he'll get you going, Promise!
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    You need the USB cable.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-boot-ani.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...g-sbf-adb.html

This is what the buzz is about right now... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tallation.html

There's always someone around to ask questions. Just follow directions EXACTLY as posted and you'll be good to go.

We've got a Rescue Squad too should something go awry.

Enjoy... Welcome to the Dark Side.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thanks I registered then wasn't sure where to go. Will do...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links