DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New Member/Soon to be Droid Owner

  1. Junior Droid
    Gunny Rob's Avatar
    Member #
    76101
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    #1

    Smile New Member

    Hello all, New member here. The wife and I are going to get Moto Droids this weekend and I have a few question to ask. I have looked through the PDF owner's manual briefly online. Our current phones are Moto Q's from Alltel, Windows 5 based. I have read the first thing you do is set up a Google e-mail account. I will do that tomorrow. Here are my questions:

    1. Can the customer service/sales reps at the Verizon store transfer all our current numbers/contacts stored on current phones to the new Moto Droids? (Windows based Q was done by Windows mobile device center) Some of my co-workers who own droids told me that the contacts are updated through your google account thereafter. Does it update them to Outlook also?

    2. Which screen protector should I go with for the Moto Droid? I have looked at several and don't know which one works the best as far as glare, screen sensitivity, and durability. I decided on the Sedio Innocase surface and holster for cases and expect them Friday.

    3. Can I use my existing Moto Q home and car chargers with the Moto Droid? Q's are mini USB, not sure of the MA voltage.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance, comments, tips and information.
    Last edited by Gunny Rob; 06-18-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Happy Droid Owner, No longer soon to be Droid owner
  2. Junior Droid
    Gunny Rob's Avatar
    Member #
    76101
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    #2
    Hello all, picked up Moto Droid over the weekend and so far it has performed beautifully. I have figured out quite a bit on my own.

    Main concern: I used the turn by turn Nav for the first time yesterday and after only 30 minutes of using it in the Seidio windshield/dash mount the Droid seemed very hot. Is this normal?

    When I press the search key on thephone itself, it always shows facebook even after clearing all search, history, and caches. Am I missing any steps as far as cleanup goes?

    Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  3. Droid
    mgrover1's Avatar
    Member #
    77454
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Rob View Post
    Hello all, picked up Moto Droid over the weekend and so far it has performed beautifully. I have figured out quite a bit on my own.

    Main concern: I used the turn by turn Nav for the first time yesterday and after only 30 minutes of using it in the Seidio windshield/dash mount the Droid seemed very hot. Is this normal?

    When I press the search key on thephone itself, it always shows facebook even after clearing all search, history, and caches. Am I missing any steps as far as cleanup goes?

    Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    when in the search area click the menu and then click search settings then click clear shortcuts
    rom= lfy 1.95
    kernel= p3droid 1.1
    theme= luna with hints of gold
  4. Droid
    mgrover1's Avatar
    Member #
    77454
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Rob View Post
    Hello all, New member here. The wife and I are going to get Moto Droids this weekend and I have a few question to ask. I have looked through the PDF owner's manual briefly online. Our current phones are Moto Q's from Alltel, Windows 5 based. I have read the first thing you do is set up a Google e-mail account. I will do that tomorrow. Here are my questions:

    1. Can the customer service/sales reps at the Verizon store transfer all our current numbers/contacts stored on current phones to the new Moto Droids? (Windows based Q was done by Windows mobile device center) Some of my co-workers who own droids told me that the contacts are updated through your google account thereafter. Does it update them to Outlook also?

    2. Which screen protector should I go with for the Moto Droid? I have looked at several and don't know which one works the best as far as glare, screen sensitivity, and durability. I decided on the Sedio Innocase surface and holster for cases and expect them Friday.

    3. Can I use my existing Moto Q home and car chargers with the Moto Droid? Q's are mini USB, not sure of the MA voltage.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance, comments, tips and information.
    1. i am pretty sure they can. Verizon has windows phones as well as android phones so they should be able to.

    2. i use the screen protector from Verizon and i am happy with it. they are probably more expensive than others but you get 3 of them do you have extras.

    3. they use different usb cords
    Last edited by mgrover1; 06-18-2010 at 06:40 PM.
    rom= lfy 1.95
    kernel= p3droid 1.1
    theme= luna with hints of gold
  5. Junior Droid
    Gunny Rob's Avatar
    Member #
    76101
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    #5

    How to clear market search history

    Hello all and thanks for you help learning about the droid. I am quickly learning the ins and outsof my new phone. I haven't figured out how to clear the search history in the market. I have went to several menus but none seem to work. I have a mile long list in my market search.
  6. Senior Droid
    SupAll's Avatar
    Member #
    64401
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    203
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Rob View Post
    Hello all and thanks for you help learning about the droid. I am quickly learning the ins and outsof my new phone. I haven't figured out how to clear the search history in the market. I have went to several menus but none seem to work. I have a mile long list in my market search.
    Press Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

    And then look for the Market. Tap that and then click on Clear Data. This, unfortunately, means you have to wait for the Market to reload the lists on the Market (so you can swift through the market a little more rapidly) as well. Clearing Cache may also do the same. I am unsure.
    OG Droid
    GPA17
    1.0 GHz LV by Pete
    ADWLauncher EX

    BootAnimation Mashup - (Droid Shatter-Unstable Core-Cromag Rickman)

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New Member/Droid Owner
    By series70 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 05:50 AM
  2. New Droid Owner and New Member
    By Lexkoph in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 11:40 AM
  3. New droid owner, new member
    By hapster in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 11:20 AM
  4. Hello - New member and Droid owner
    By Hylander in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 10:46 AM
  5. New Droid Owner/Member
    By tiyoo in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 12:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+