DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid on it's Way, When do I disconnect Sprint?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Droid on it's Way, When do I disconnect Sprint?

Well, after weeks of trying to decide between a Droid and an iPhone, Droid wins. The price was pretty much the same for me since I get discounts from my employer ($199, 58/mo) but what kept me on the edge was that the iPhone would have worked better with my in-car bluetooth. I am hoping droid comes out with a patch but regardless, I think the Droid will work better for me.

Anyway, it's on overnight shipping and I will ditch work to be home tomorrow when the FedEx Lady arrives. So my question is when do I call Sprint (my prev carrier) to stop service. I told VZ to port my number. I know it comes inactivated but is there a special step you need to take?

Can't wait...
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Nobody has ported their number? I guess I'll just call them when the Droid lands. Thx. I guess.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by geomark View Post
    Nobody has ported their number? I guess I'll just call them when the Droid lands. Thx. I guess.
    Sorry for the slow response. Once you get the Droid just activate the new device. VZW will port the number for you. You may get a temporary number while the change takes affect but no biggie. Then you'll get notification that the port over is done. Then call Sprint and cancel service. It won't take very long. Have a great day
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Yeah, exactly what Miami said !!!

!!! Welcome to DroidForums "geomark" !!!

I am sure, being a former sprint customer myself, you are going to be pretty happy with VZW service. I know you are going to love the Droid too.

Welcome aboard, we hope you enjoy your time in the forums. !!!
    Where Ever you Go! There You Are !!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yep- as soon as you can verify that your number has successfully ported, call & cancel the old service.
    Disclaimer: I work for Verizon, but I do not work wireless. I do, however, design the data circuits that connect all those lovely little cell towers.

Links