DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: I'm in the market for a Droid...

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Captivate

I'm in the market for a Droid...

Hey, I'm Angel. My contract with AT&T is up next month and I've been looking into all the new Droids and what they can do for me. I'm a small business owner, so I need to be able to get my email and such thus my reasons for looking at the Droid.

Anyway, I'm up for suggestions and opinions.

I was all into the Droid at first and now I'm diggin' on the Incredible. What are your thoughts on those two as well as the ERIS?

Thanks for the help!

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NytroGirl View Post
    Hey, I'm Angel. My contract with AT&T is up next month and I've been looking into all the new Droids and what they can do for me. I'm a small business owner, so I need to be able to get my email and such thus my reasons for looking at the Droid.

I was all into the Droid at first and now I'm diggin' on the Incredible. What are your thoughts on those two as well as the ERIS?

Thanks for the help!
    The Incredible is suppose to be faster then a Droid, but it does lack a physical keyboard and may not receive 2.2 quite as quickly as the Droid does. If your contract is up in a month you may want to wait because the Droid 2 is now appearing on Verizon's inventory list.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID - rooted
    Also Sense UI is a big deciding factor I've seen with people, and other certain things like the incredibles widgets and stuff. But some might love it, idk.

Also there is a lot of lack in gaming with some games for the incredible, not only by controlling it but from actually not being able to play it just yet for the incredible.

My verdict if I didn't have the droid yet would definitely wait for the Droid 2. I wish I can try it out with it's huge screen and whatnot.... but I'm still quite satisfied (:
    Ultimate Droid
    Need help rooting or putting on a custom ROM? PM me!!!

Thanks for allowing me to be the second member ever for the Spotlight of the Week in the Rescue Squad section!!

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    rkwilson07
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by NytroGirl View Post

Thanks for the help!
    Welcome!!

Depends on what the phone is used for and what your needs are. If qwerty keyboard is fits your needs and your business needs:
    There is the Motorola Droid, Motorola Devour (with MotoBlur) or like Hook said wait a little longer to get the new Droid 2 which also has a qwerty keyboard.

If your current does not have a qwerty keyboard, then there are two new Motorola Droid's that are coming out. The newest one is the Droid Xtreme with ninja blur (read from other feeds) about July or a month later is the Droid 2 or the HTC Droid Incredible with sense UI (shipping is delaying until end of June there about).

If it does not matter the HTC Droid Eris is a good low end budget android phone and also the Devour.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Captivate
    Sorry it took me this long to respond. Been a busy work week.

I very much appreciate all of the responses.

I don't know that I really need a physical keyboard. I have an iPod Touch and can text and type fairly quickly on the virtual keyboard.

The main thing for me is to be able to get on the web quickly and easily and get my emails.

I haven't seen the Droid 2 yet, so I will definitely take a look at it.

Thanks again!

Links