DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Hello from Los Angeles

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Hello from Los Angeles

Hello fellow droid owners, I go by teck. I'm fairly new to this forum and I'am very interested in adding a custom rom on my Moto Droid. The problem is I don't know where to start. I have been reading and searching but unlucky. Any help from this great community would be greatly appreciated.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teck View Post
    Hello fellow droid owners, I go by teck. I'm fairly new to this forum and I'am very interested in adding a custom rom on my Moto Droid. The problem is I don't know where to start. I have been reading and searching but unlucky. Any help from this great community would be greatly appreciated.
    to the Droid Forum. Glad to have you here, I use to live in Hermosa Beach.

The first thing you need to do is to start from 2.0.1 and you're probably at 2.1 right now. You'll need to flash the sbf to start from 2.0.1.

Tell you what. There is a member who is happy to step people through the entire project. Send a pm to Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum - View Profile: Diordna

Probably want to include your Google Talk address so they can step you through it. Send a pm and see if you can't get assistance that way.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Welcome, teck!

Another Angelino here (Van Nuys / Valley Glen)
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teck View Post
    to the Droid Forum. Glad to have you here, I use to live in Hermosa Beach.

The first thing you need to do is to start from 2.0.1 and you're probably at 2.1 right now. You'll need to flash the sbf to start from 2.0.1.

Tell you what. There is a member who is happy to step people through the entire project. Send a pm to Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum - View Profile: Diordna

Probably want to include your Google Talk address so they can step you through it. Send a pm and see if you can't get assistance that way.
    Why go back to 2.0.1 when you can do it all from 2.1? seems to be silly to go through steps you do not have to do.

And welcome to the forums teck you will find a wealth of info here, that is for sure

Links