DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Incoming Call Issue

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Unhappy Incoming Call Issue

I have a Moto Droid phone and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it...accept for 1 issue. This issue doesn't happen to any other incoming callers but to my hubby. Whenever he calls and I slide the green arrow over to answer, I get an automated response telling me who is calling and to press 1 to accept, 2 to send to VM, etc...

I don't know if I mistakenly used a setting in the phone, making this happen but it is incredibly annoying. My husband is the tech-dude of the house and has a pretty good handle on our phone but this has stumped both of us.

Any suggestions??

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid with BB v1.1 ROM
    Are you using Google voice? There is a setting in there to announce the caller. You can log into the google voice page and turn that feature off.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    I have a Moto Droid phone and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it...accept for 1 issue. This issue doesn't happen to any other incoming callers but to my hubby. Whenever he calls and I slide the green arrow over to answer, I get an automated response telling me who is calling and to press 1 to accept, 2 to send to VM, etc...

I don't know if I mistakenly used a setting in the phone, making this happen but it is incredibly annoying. My husband is the tech-dude of the house and has a pretty good handle on our phone but this has stumped both of us.

Any suggestions??
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Sounds like you got his number on ignore or block....there's a setting for each contact to let you block the number, or send to VM. Maybe something in that setting got turned on? Just a thought...
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by gas34 View Post
    Are you using Google voice? There is a setting in there to announce the caller. You can log into the google voice page and turn that feature off.

Gary

Any suggestions??
    Hey, not to change the subject, but just wondering where in Suffolk you are Gary - I am in eastern suffolk myself - Riverhead... sorry for hijacking the thread scarlett
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid with BB v1.1 ROM
    Good advice to OP since its only happening on 1 caller not all of them. See your PM
    Last edited by gas34; 05-19-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: spelling
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Google Voice...That was it! Thanks for the tip Gary!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID

Any suggestions??
    Glad you found the problem! Welcome, scarlett! As you've already seen, this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Just follow the links in my signature and you’ll get some really good tips that may take the edge off the learning curve. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Links