DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: needing all the help i can get

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

needing all the help i can get

Whats up everyone , Im droidjon and Im def new to the game and hopeully I can get some help from you guys it seems whenever I ask for help some peeps are a little snooty
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well search the forums before you ask, or they will get snooty around here too! Welcome!
    Don't do anything you will have to explain to the Paramedics!

When seconds count.......We are minutes away!

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Yea, careful how you word stuff... I think its that a bunch of people will say mean things and act dumb because they don't have to say it to your face... it's lame but the truth.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by droidjon View Post
    Whats up everyone , Im droidjon and Im def new to the game and hopeully I can get some help from you guys it seems whenever I ask for help some peeps are a little snooty
    Welcome, droidjon! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Just follow the links in my signature and you’ll get some good tips that may take the edge off that learning curve that we all experienced at one time. If you get stuck on something, just post a question in the appropriate area and someone will be along to help you out. Hope you enjoy your time here!

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Welcome Droidjon,

I'm a newbie as well, and the search feature is definitely your friend. If you still can't find the answer to your questions once you've searched, definitely post your question in the appropriate section. That's what I've been doing and the people here have been more than friendly & helpful...
  6. dvdcatalyst
    Welcome Jon,

You joined one of the best communities out there. Snootyness (except from a few) is quite rare here, however, to avoid making people snooty, here are a few tricks.

As mentioned the Search. Play with different wordings in there, put parts of your question between quotes ( " ), play with the search threads and search posts (I use the posts one a lot myself)

If you dont find anything using the search browse through a few pages of topics in the proper category. Many people post questions in the wrong area (video related in the general discussion thread) and if you look in the right category, the answer is right there. Also some people post a question, and right underneath it is the same question in different wordings.

If you do post, make sure you have your question in the topic title. Things like "I need help" sure does generate a lot of people looking at it, but most of them don't have or want to answer, so it doesn't help. if you use something like "I need help with rooting" it draws the right crowd.

And, always understand that people are doing this in their free time.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGS3
    any question or issue that i've ever had has been resolved here. i've never had a problem with anyone. just be warned, this forum is VERY addictive!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo

Re: needing all the help i can get

Welcome to the forum. If you can't find your answer searching for it feel free to ask. Everyone here is very helpful

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Another good tip is to go to Google and search (for example) "what is tapatalk for droid" or "what is tapatalk droidforums.net". If you want the answers from within this forum, the droidforums.net piece will narrow it right down for you...

Links