DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Getting the Motorola Driod

  1. Droid
    MDriod's Avatar
    Member #
    63719
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Driod
    #1

    Question Getting the Motorola Driod

    First off i wanna say im new here just joined your forums but have been lurking around the past couple weeks. I think i have finally decided on the phone i want but do have a couple questions and hope you guys can help.

    To the ones that own this phone now, how is it? As far as durability,responsiveness from the touch screen and battery life. I guess my most important question is am i looking at the right phone or should i be looking at the incredible?

    Any opinions will help thanks!!
  2. Droid Ninja
    warrior21's Avatar
    Member #
    47240
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,287
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    #2
    Welcome to the forums. Personally I love the droid and have no interest in the incredible but that is because I like having a physical keyboard. If a keyboard is not something you need maybe the incredible is something you should look into. Either way you will have a great phone
  3. Junior Droid
    Jcook54's Avatar
    Member #
    59414
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid 2.1
    #3
    I've got the Droid and seriously considered taking it back (within my 30 days) and getting the Incredible. However, I decided against it because I'm really liking the Droid. I've always had a physical keyboard and find myself using it at least twice a day. The phone itself is fast and easy to use. The first couple of days were trouble because the battery died really fast but it seems to have resolved itself and it's fine now. The Incredible is lighter and faster but the Droid is great for me. I went to Verizon to check out the Incredible and it is sweet but I'm content with my Droid for now. Shoot, I just got it set up how I want it. If you get the Droid you won't have buyers remorse and if you do you can always trade it back for the Incredible.
  4. Droid
    MDriod's Avatar
    Member #
    63719
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Driod
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Personally I love the droid and have no interest in the incredible but that is because I like having a physical keyboard. If a keyboard is not something you need maybe the incredible is something you should look into. Either way you will have a great phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcook54 View Post
    I've got the Droid and seriously considered taking it back (within my 30 days) and getting the Incredible. However, I decided against it because I'm really liking the Droid. I've always had a physical keyboard and find myself using it at least twice a day. The phone itself is fast and easy to use. The first couple of days were trouble because the battery died really fast but it seems to have resolved itself and it's fine now. The Incredible is lighter and faster but the Droid is great for me. I went to Verizon to check out the Incredible and it is sweet but I'm content with my Droid for now. Shoot, I just got it set up how I want it. If you get the Droid you won't have buyers remorse and if you do you can always trade it back for the Incredible.
    Same here ive always had a physical keyboard ( i currently have a LG Voyager) and i think thats why im going more for the driod but just wanted to get some inputs. Im hoping that i get it within the next week or so, Thats really the only bad thing i guess i have heard from some people is battery life i text and am constantly on my phone so i hope this wont be an issue for me.
  5. Droid Ninja
    warrior21's Avatar
    Member #
    47240
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,287
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    #5
    The battery life really isn't as bad as it's always made out to be. I throw it on the charger every night and it always has at least 30 to 40% left on it with moderate to heavy use during the day. At first I thought it was real bad until I figured out the key is to leave it on the charger all night instead of just giving it a couple hour charge and pulling it off because it says 100% I ended up having to charge it multiple times during the day when I did that.
  6. Droid
    MDriod's Avatar
    Member #
    63719
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Driod
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    The battery life really isn't as bad as it's always made out to be. I throw it on the charger every night and it always has at least 30 to 40% left on it with moderate to heavy use during the day. At first I thought it was real bad until I figured out the key is to leave it on the charger all night instead of just giving it a couple hour charge and pulling it off because it says 100% I ended up having to charge it multiple times during the day when I did that.
    Which sounds cool i mean i charge my phone every night anyway its very rare i dont, now for the key board ive heard mixed on it also but i figured ive had a couple voyagers, a dare,alias 2 envy touch i figured i should be able to use it no problem also i mean the phone has been out for a little while most bugs should be somewhat taken care of but what are some to except as of now if there are any?


    Sorry for being such a pain and asking all these questions
  7. Droid Ninja
    warrior21's Avatar
    Member #
    47240
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,287
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    #7
    Feel free to ask away. I won't lie the keyboard is inferior to most of the other phones out there. The design isn't the best and the keys are fairly flat. I have gotten used to it and like it now but it did take some time and a bit of cursing. The phone definitely comes with a learning curve and can be frustrating at times but if you spend some time on here and have some patience you will love it. This is my first smart phone and in the couple of months I have had it I went from knowing nothing to rooting and flashing ROMS. Without this forum I would still be lost
  8. Droid
    MDriod's Avatar
    Member #
    63719
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Driod
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    Feel free to ask away. I won't lie the keyboard is inferior to most of the other phones out there. The design isn't the best and the keys are fairly flat. I have gotten used to it and like it now but it did take some time and a bit of cursing. The phone definitely comes with a learning curve and can be frustrating at times but if you spend some time on here and have some patience you will love it. This is my first smart phone and in the couple of months I have had it I went from knowing nothing to rooting and flashing ROMS. Without this forum I would still be lost
    just like any other phone right lol yea im sure it can be a pain which im ready for i havent had a smart phone or blackberry for a couple years now but am ready to get back into the scene especially now with the driod,Now the whole Rooting is it similar to a jailbreak or something completely different only reason i ask is because i love taking my phones to there full potential and is there a way to get free apps like a jailbreak?
  9. Droid Ninja
    warrior21's Avatar
    Member #
    47240
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,287
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    #9
    Yes it's basically gaining full administator access to the phone and the OS. When you are ready for that just visit the hack section where there is plenty of info on how to root and everything that goes along with it. If you want to get everything out of your droid and push it's limits this is the forum from you
  10. Droid
    MDriod's Avatar
    Member #
    63719
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Driod
    #10
    Cool well thanks for the help and i will definitely be posting back here once i get my hands on the driod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Finally --- Have my new Motorola Driod
    By chily3 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 11:47 PM
  2. new to driod
    By lifelvr in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 08:59 PM
  3. Going to get my driod today!
    By SCCSURF in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 11:44 AM
  4. rod does driod
    By rod in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 06:52 AM
  5. $99 Motorola Driod / FREE HTC Eris
    By jweber in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Find us on Google+